The Student Room Group

I might be moving away

I've met an amazing guy and now I might have got a job in another city (have had the interviews, but haven't been told the final decision - I might well be worrying for nothing... )

He's literally the best person I've ever met. We've only been on like five "dates", but that has included spending whole weekends together. I feel like we have an amazing connection and if I was staying here I'm sure it would turn into something more. He's been very supportive of me with this job process, but we haven't really talked about what would happen if I did move away. I would really like to try and make it work. We would only be an hour away by train and we mainly see each other on weekends anyway, but it would obviously be different... Although even now I have to get a fifteen minute train to see him.

I really want to talk to him about it but I don't want to freak him out. How should I start the conversation? And should we have this discussion before I find out about whether I've got the job, or should I wait until I know for sure?

Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
I think you should talk about this before you find out if you got the job, as there is less pressure on him to make a final decision. he needs time to come to terms with this too and figure out what he wants to do and whether he wants to try long distance. it is important that you talk about it, as it is a very real situation that may happen. hopefully he will understand that this job is important and be willing to continue to support you in your decision to move.
Reply 2
Original post by 12jpw
I think you should talk about this before you find out if you got the job, as there is less pressure on him to make a final decision. he needs time to come to terms with this too and figure out what he wants to do and whether he wants to try long distance. it is important that you talk about it, as it is a very real situation that may happen. hopefully he will understand that this job is important and be willing to continue to support you in your decision to move.

But if I ask him before and he says he doesn’t but want you and then I don’t even get it it would have made it awkward for no reason? Also what should I say, just like “if I get this job will you come and visit me?”
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
But if I ask him before and he says he doesn’t but want you and then I don’t even get it it would have made it awkward for no reason? Also what should I say, just like “if I get this job will you come and visit me?”

if he says he doesn't want to try it that tells you that maybe he doesn't care for you ask much as you think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending