The Student Room Group

Retaking English Lang gcse worth it for medicine

I was always predicted As and got an A* for my mocks for English language gcse yet I received a 5 which is a C
Of course I was so confused as I knew that wasn’t how I did and because I want to do medicine most unis require a 6 in English so I decided to retake it in November.
Is it worth retaking it and does anyone know anyone who did?
Before retaking it, you need to makes sure that the unis you're interested in will actually accept a retake, otherwise you're just wasting your time.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
Before retaking it, you need to makes sure that the unis you're interested in will actually accept a retake, otherwise you're just wasting your time.

I never knew that unis might not accept retakes where does it say
Original post by Blablaboopp
I never knew that unis might not accept retakes where does it say

Sometimes it will say on the webpage for the course you're looking at, under 'requirements'. But in all non-standard cases (such as retakes) you must always check with the admissions office as to whether or not they'll accept what you're offering. The best way to do this is to email them (but don't expect an immediate reply) setting out exactly what you've got and whether they'd accept an application from you based on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending