The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Well I don't know about History, but I applied for Geography with a U in my Chemistry AS level and they still accepted me. And if you're just the one grade off, they''ll probably forgive you :biggrin:. Anyway, why would the History department care if you were any good at Drama lol?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Flamin Nora
Well I don't know about History, but I applied for Geography with a U in my Chemistry AS level and they still accepted me. And if you're just the one grade off, they''ll probably forgive you :biggrin:. Anyway, why would the History department care if you were any good at Drama lol?

Point :wink:
My GCSE's are going to be 'average', I just don't want to look like I'm taking the p*** out of them.
Thank you for your help, that is reassuring :smile:
Reply 3
I don't know, I mean their entry requirements are there for a reason! Someone ese on this forum was concerned because they dropped their fourth AS and they emailed King's to see whether that would matter, however they said only in extenuating circumstances would they be prepared to waiver that part of their offer. Not to put a downer on things, but I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up.
I was worried about this too because I got an E in my 4th AS (rubbish at maths). I emailed King's and was told that it was non-negotiable, though a C would also be considered from this year onwards. I picked up AS Critical Thinking to get an easy B...turns out that my offer for History is AAA 'plus pass' - an E - at AS, and I've seen other people on here with similar offers. So apply!

:smile:
Reply 5
Ah thanks to both of the above ^ :smile:

thethuthinnang; what were your GCSE's like? x
millicent
Ah thanks to both of the above ^ :smile:

thethuthinnang; what were your GCSE's like? x

A*A*A*A*A*AABC. People will have got in with much higher and much lower grades. I don't think King's (or most other universities for that matter) put a huge amount of weight behind gcses, so don't worry :smile:. When you say average, is that TSR 'average' or 5 Cs average?
Reply 7
thethuthinnang
A*A*A*A*A*AABC. People will have got in with much higher and much lower grades. I don't think King's (or most other universities for that matter) put a huge amount of weight behind gcses, so don't worry :smile:. When you say average, is that TSR 'average' or 5 Cs average?

TSR average :wink:
I got A*AAAAABBBBCD < the C & D were in physics and graphic design, hardly relevant ( I hope) . I do have 'mitigating circumstances' though. Well done to you, you did amazingly :smile:
Reply 8
i was given the AABb offer too, but i didnt get how it aaplied to me as im doing all 4 Alevels and dropped critical thinking which was a E last year, so i didnt get how it worked in my case.

Calling them didnt help either :s-smilie:

Hopefully if i get my predicted AAAB then i should be fine, as i got AAACE last year

Latest