The Student Room Group

What do people think of Hilda?

Recently watched the released episodes of Hilda, and although I've seen a lot of praise for it I have some stuff that annoys me and wanna get it out somewhere ;_;

For one, Hilda has next to no consequences for her actions. Embarrasses her mum at the first parent's evening? Could've been a good growth moment for their relationship, Hilda having to consider her actions and how they impact her mum. She also gets the house trashed and the mum is angry for a scene, and it never gets brought up again.

I also feel like her being a "free spirited forest child" lets her get away with way too much. Like yeah, not following the rules sometimes can be comedic and all, but a lot of the time she's just put on a pedestal as the amazing "weird kid" that can do no wrong.

Also that whole thing with Frida's room cleaning ghost. Would've been funny if it had turned out the "ghost" was her parents finally getting her to clean her own room. But nah, she's entitled to having a clean room without the effort, and poor her for not having a ghost to do it for her anymore. Parents don't weigh in or anything, her room will now just be forever messy cause no more ghost.

And if your main character has blue hair and their mother has brown hair, can I please get an explanation. Does the non existent dad have blue hair? Is she adopted? Trivial yes but I have questions ;-:

The art style and premise are great and I hope it gets better if it gets more seasons. Sorry, I just wanted to rant on a cartoon no one else in my life wants to talk about in depth xD
;____________________;
Kay den ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending