The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Uni Applicants 2019 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I’ll be 20 going to uni in September! And got accepted for accommodation in fferm prnglais 😀
Original post by Bethan31
Name : Bethan
Course I applied for : Education

I’m 22 but I’ll be 23 when I go so I’m technically a ‘mature student’ even though I currently work with children and feel like one of them most days. I’ve had an unconditional offer and accepted it to study at Aberystwyth in September 2019. My accommodation was accepted too so I’ll be in fferm penglais. I loved the campus when I visited and I’m so excited to go! ☺️
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by courtmurphh
I’ll be 20 going to uni in September! And got accepted for accommodation in fferm prnglais 😀

Awesome! ☺️
Name - Ryan Samuel
Locatio- Swansea
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber - MA Modern History

Anything interesting about you - currently studying Education

Predicted grades... 2:1

Applied for housing in Rosser G, looking to find people applying for this same course or halls. I’m 25 so a mature student.
Reply 83
I’m Kate, I’ve been accepted onto the Marketing degree, are there any other mature students on this course? :smile:
Just had my accommodation accepted and I’ll be staying in Trefloyne! Does anyone know when we get our aber uni logins to check future emails?
J
Original post by Kay53
I’m Kate, I’ve been accepted onto the Marketing degree, are there any other mature students on this course? :smile:

I’m doing astrophysics and I’m 20 but looking for some pals😂
I did, applied for Marine Biology
Original post by worryingtoomuch
Hey guys! Anyone else received a hand-written letter from a professor at Aber about your application and PS? (It's been a while since I did, however, I just found out about this thread and I'm curious).
I did! I’m going to study veterinary bioscience!
Where’s the marine biology gang at?? 🐠
Original post by Munnyella
Please post below:
Name
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis
Anything interesting about you
Predicted grades...
And let us know when the offers start coming in!!!

Find your course buddies and start your GCs from here :smile:
Reply 89
Hey guys!
I just finished my first year at Aber, feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Hello!
My name is Eliza and I am a student ambassador for Aberystwyth University :smile:

I have recently completed my third year at Aberystwyth, studying for a joint honours degree in International Politics and History. As I have lived in Aberystwyth for three years now I am very familiar with the University, student accommodation, student life, etc.

If you have any questions or concerns at all please feel free to get in contact with me!
Original post by LukeFred98
Just had my accommodation accepted and I’ll be staying in Trefloyne! Does anyone know when we get our aber uni logins to check future emails?

I've gotten Trefloyne as well! We should get our uni logins as well as the whole accommodation pack thing at the beginning of July, so not so long now.
Has any body else still not heard about accommodation??
I haven’t heard anything either, I think it’s because I have a conditional offfer and therefore my place is dependent on my Alevel results.
Original post by holliekay_xox
Has any body else still not heard about accommodation??
Reply 94
Bonjour a tous!
I'm Alexandru, Romanian and, sadly, not quite a vampire (I think?). You may or may not bother with the full name so just say Alex instead!

My place at Aber is confirmed and I'll be studying English Literature and Creative Writing from September onwards.

I'm an international student and this will be a huge leap for me-- I'm sweating buckets.
I'd love to meet people before moving in, but I don't even know where to start.

So hi again.
My brain is made up 80% of music references that I start singing out loud whenever a small detail reminds me of them.

Also, staying in Fferm Penglais and I apologise in advance to all the flatmates who will be collateral victims to my desire to jam to Kate Bush.
Reply 95
Hello!
In terms of accommodation, do are the seafront rooms worth it? They look really nice and spacious but everybody else seems go for Fferm Pengalis...
Original post by Annguun
Hello!
In terms of accommodation, do are the seafront rooms worth it? They look really nice and spacious but everybody else seems go for Fferm Pengalis...

Hi Annguun,

The Seafront accommodation has an incredible view along the beach and gives you the opportunity to stroll down the front whenever you like as it’s literally on your doorstep.

Personally, I stayed in Fferm last year and am again this year. I loved the flat I was in, the room was so spacious and I appreciated the en-suite. Another upside to Fferm (as well as with the other accommodation) is that it’s close to the campus.

Ultimately, it’s best to go for whatever suits you the most. I’d highly suggest going to open days and having a look and drawing a comparison (both the living side and the prices) and check out the website and virtual tours to see them side by side and the lists of what’s included in each.

Accommodation Webpage: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/accommodation-options/

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with 🙂

Eleanor
Reply 97
Hi Eleanor,

Thank you for your answer! I just have two more questions:

-Are the lectures/classes in the old college?

-Is it possible to ask for catering even when you're in an accommodation that doesn't offer it?

Thank you!

Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Hi Annguun,

The Seafront accommodation has an incredible view along the beach and gives you the opportunity to stroll down the front whenever you like as it’s literally on your doorstep.

Personally, I stayed in Fferm last year and am again this year. I loved the flat I was in, the room was so spacious and I appreciated the en-suite. Another upside to Fferm (as well as with the other accommodation) is that it’s close to the campus.

Ultimately, it’s best to go for whatever suits you the most. I’d highly suggest going to open days and having a look and drawing a comparison (both the living side and the prices) and check out the website and virtual tours to see them side by side and the lists of what’s included in each.

Accommodation Webpage: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/accommodation-options/

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with 🙂

Eleanor
Original post by Annguun
Hi Eleanor,

Thank you for your answer! I just have two more questions:

-Are the lectures/classes in the old college?

-Is it possible to ask for catering even when you're in an accommodation that doesn't offer it?

Thank you!

Hi,

I believe some lectures may occur in the old college however I didn’t have any there.

I don’t think you can ask for catering in self-catered accommodation (however there may well be certain circumstances in which this is different)

I would suggest emailing/contacting the uni with your queries for a more solid answer as they’ll have more details. I apologise for not having a concrete answer.

Again, if there’s anything else or you can’t find sufficient information, let me know and I can find someone who will be able to help 🙂

Uni Contact Form (scroll down): https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/contact-us/

Eleanor 😊
Hi,I applied for accommodation when you first could but still haven’t heard back? Do Aber make decisions when they see your results, as in do you only get an accommodation offer once your offer is unconditional?Just a bit worried that I haven’t had any accommodation offers yet.

Quick Reply

Latest