The Student Room Group

Possible to have too many flashcards?

Essentially, I am looking at a page, writing it out and re-going over anything I did not remember, the next day, I write flashcards on what I remember and repeat for all subjects. I have been doing this since the mid summer holidays for an 2 hours a day and I have accumulated many flashcards. I go over these every Sunday, doing them less in a three week cycle as I become more confident with them (spaced repetition).

I am having second thoughts, when discussing revision I am told constantly I am not going to remember that much and I have too many. All I want to know is whether there are better ways to go about this?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Alexokay
Essentially, I am looking at a page, writing it out and re-going over anything I did not remember, the next day, I write flashcards on what I remember and repeat for all subjects. I have been doing this since the mid summer holidays for an 2 hours a day and I have accumulated many flashcards. I go over these every Sunday, doing them less in a three week cycle as I become more confident with them (spaced repetition).

I am having second thoughts, when discussing revision I am told constantly I am not going to remember that much and I have too many. All I want to know is whether there are better ways to go about this?

Do you personally feel that you're not remembering them after a week?
You'll certainly be able to remember the content if you go over it frequently enough. How else do you think the other top students do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending