The Student Room Group

i have no idea what i want to do after A Levels

My teachers are constantly on my case about personal statements, university courses etc and it stressed me so much I just pretended it wasn’t happening. Now there’s less than a month for personal statements to be due and the process of applying and I am so stressed and have no idea if i even want to go to university... A Levels are so difficult and I can’t cope with all the stress of deciding my future now... what do i do?
You could take a gap year, maybe get a job, and figure it out. If you decide that you don’t want any further qualifications that’s fine, and there are also apprenticeships etc
I don’t really want to take a gap year, i was thinking of apprenticeships but there isn’t many i would want to do, i’m just extremely stressed lol
I was in the exact same position as you literally up until a week ago; I’ve only just started writing the personal statement. It’s tough but I think you need to take a day out and consider all your options. What subjects do you do, which subject you enjoy the most, what subject you can see yourself doing in the future, What careers can deviate from that subject. Don’t give yourself a meltdown (which is easier said than done I know), be patient. You just have to keep having at it and try to really learn what you would be most happy in.
You can apply up until Jan 15th, and even after that for a number of courses/unis. Although your college has a deadline - don't rush it as it's not an official one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending