CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm interested in seeing how some of y'all structure your time to study I'm more of a 'let's do some work when I feel like it' type of person, so maybe I could take some ideas
Hasham123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mostly nap for a few hours after school then revise/ do homework till about midnight
Guarddyyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't have a study plan really. I am always doing work but mostly it's as a side thing, and I might be playing games and do some work when I die etc.
CinnamonSmol
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hasham123)
I mostly nap for a few hours after school then revise/ do homework till about midnight
until midnight?! what time do you usually wake up?
CinnamonSmol
Rep:
?
(Original post by Guarddyyy)
I don't have a study plan really. I am always doing work but mostly it's as a side thing, and I might be playing games and do some work when I die etc.
ohhh right, so do you die a lot then?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
I'm interested in seeing how some of y'all structure your time to study I'm more of a 'let's do some work when I feel like it' type of person, so maybe I could take some ideas
On my days off from uni / work, I typically like to start working at 9am, work for an hour, have a 15 minute break, another hour etc. Then I'll have an hour break for lunch, and that's when it goes downhill. I'm so much less productive in the afternoon, but I try and stay with that routine until around 3pm, when it's totally unpredictable whether I'll actually stay doing work until 5pm or not. Most likely not, but I aim to get at least 4 hours done per day.
Hasham123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
until midnight?! what time do you usually wake up?
around 7am
Harrietbooth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I get home from school I normally work from 4-8pm and tryyy to keep my phone downstairs I’ll have like a 45 minute break for dinner
Your Local Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I do:
Plan to revise

What I don't do:
Revise
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Currently a mess. I'm going to create a rough weekly timetable to help me keep track of things better.
theuncannyshi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Basically non existent lmao year 13 student here 😆
Kilam_Namoan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Your Local Cat)
What I do:
Plan to revise

What I don't do:
Revise
^^^^^^^ ME

But this is the ideal plan for everyday:

Wake up at 6am- get ready for school.
7:50am- Leave for school- Read Eng Lit book and research stuff online on my phone/Snaprevise/Law Radio
9am-3:30pm--> School stuff. Study in the break and lunch time--> LNAT practice as well.
3:30-6:00pm--> Stay at school and work in the library/sixth form centra. Main focus in usually Chem and Bio. A break is allowed every 50 mins to watch 10 mins of youtube, snapchat.
7pm-8pm--> Home and chill. It is okay to shower and cry all you want for now
8-9pm--> Homework
9-11pm--> English Literature essay writing (covered all the A2 contest- so its just chill revision and essay practice.)
11-11:30pm: Cry to sleep.
Guarddyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ohhh right, so do you die a lot then?
Sadly, yes.
Serenity-M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, same :five: I can't set myself a fixed schedule because I get distracted and stuff (ahem, such as right now... :cry:) So what I do is set myself a checklist each week to complete. That's pretty much it. And if I don't complete it I have to see if I'm just making excuses or if there is a genuine reason... (there's never a genuine reason. :rofl:)
Serenity-M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Missradioactive Sleep, eat, cry, repeat?? :rofl:
Missradioactive
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Serenity-M)
Missradioactive Sleep, eat, cry, repeat?? :rofl:
Pretty much

Also, *studying :rofl:
Serenity-M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Missradioactive)
Pretty much

Also, *studying :rofl:
*attempt at studying... :rofl: It's ok, we can cry together.
lenntils
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I happen to be a lot like you actually when it comes to spontaneous revsision, but I was watching this video yesterday by a cambridge student that went from predicted DDD to A*A*A. He mentioned the 888 rule, as in 8 hours of revision, 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of misc stuff, eating and doing what you want etc. I'm going to try to make a timetable around this, the idea is that 8 hrs is enough if you're consistent?? i'll try it and see anyway
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hasham123)
around 7am
not enough sleep bro
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I work when I feel like it

that's why I chose subjects I enjoy (I have lots of extension material to cover too :P)

although I do need to push myself more for exam prep (that's boring)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads