The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

I go to Warwick AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dudemanmad
do their med school favour Warwick biomed grades? If not do they have people to help transition over

They do favour Warwick boom students
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
And I think they do a lot of help for Warwick biomed students transitioning into medicine
(edited 5 years ago)
Bump
I'm thinking about applying to warwick but I'm still unsure since I haven't been to any of their open days.
1. From what I've heard apparently there's a lot of construction work going on? Is this true and if so is it off putting?
2. What are the students like? I know it's hard to generalise but is everyone quite friendly?
3. As for accommodation, how is it? Is a place in halls guaranteed (if u made warwick ur insurance for example).
also how many hours a week do u have timetabled?
ok sorry I realised I bombarded u with questions and seem a bit psycho, but I really wanna apply to warwick it's just things i've heard from stopping me. any sort of advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by lemonn27
I'm thinking about applying to warwick but I'm still unsure since I haven't been to any of their open days.
1. From what I've heard apparently there's a lot of construction work going on? Is this true and if so is it off putting?
2. What are the students like? I know it's hard to generalise but is everyone quite friendly?
3. As for accommodation, how is it? Is a place in halls guaranteed (if u made warwick ur insurance for example).
also how many hours a week do u have timetabled?

There’s plenty of construction but it’s not on the campus. It’s always off the campus and it’s not distracting (can’t hear it from my area)
The students are so friendly and are generally nice people. They are fun to hang out with.
It’s basically confirmed if you firm it.
I have about 13 hours but that’s not counting labs.
Original post by lemonn27
ok sorry I realised I bombarded u with questions and seem a bit psycho, but I really wanna apply to warwick it's just things i've heard from stopping me. any sort of advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Don’t worry. You want to know about stuff. This is the thread to find out. It’s fine 😊
Do you know any maths students? How do they find the workload?
Original post by rumatar
Do you know any maths students? How do they find the workload?

I know some math students. The work load is big for them. Several nine ams and a lot of work and analysis.
Original post by Professional G
I’m a first year at Warwick, studying biomed. Lend me your questions.

hi, how's your day going? :smile:
Original post by ForeverAQx
hi, how's your day going? :smile:

Hey. My day been alright. Woke up at 12, did some revision and basically relaxed for the entire day.
I'm applying for biomed with a year in industry. you know anyone else whose doing it?
Original post by dudemanmad
I'm applying for biomed with a year in industry. you know anyone else whose doing it?

Maybe me?
How much chemistry (and maths) is there in biomed?
Original post by stressedandamess
How much chemistry (and maths) is there in biomed?

A lot of chemistry but there’s a compulsory module for those who didn’t do chem. The maths involved is related to Chem and biology so you’ll learn them as well.
A lot of chemistry but there’s a compulsory module for those who didn’t do chem. The maths involved is related to Chem and biology so you’ll learn them as well.

I really enjoy chemistry and I'm torn between biomed or just doing a chemistry degree because I do want to go into medicine eventually. Is it mostly biochemistry?
I really enjoy chemistry and I'm torn between biomed or just doing a chemistry degree because I do want to go into medicine eventually. Is it mostly biochemistry?

Biomed has a mixture of everything. They do prefer biomed grads for medicine. We have a biochem module in year two while year one is just chem overall.
Biomed has a mixture of everything. They do prefer biomed grads for medicine. We have a biochem module in year two while year one is just chem overall.

Is there a lot of content? I'm not sure if biomed is right for me because I found A level biology difficult. I love biology but find it hard to study for.
Is there a lot of content? I'm not sure if biomed is right for me because I found A level biology difficult. I love biology but find it hard to study for.

There’s a lot of content but not too much I guess. I mean biology in the biomed is mostly simplified for everyone. Plus there’s a lot of resources to make learning easier my
what did you get in alevels

Quick Reply

Latest