The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiii i will be applying to the 2019 intake for medicine for both CUHK & HKU

currently in the process of writing my personal statement and I was wondering if there's any tips or advice you could give.... still baffled that the CUHK word limit is 250 :eek:
Any degree holders here?
Reply 3
This is a link to join the whatsapp group of the applicants from last year:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/CMTOBovziSH5u7NcFvuHDP
A lot of us have managed to get into HKU or CUHK through non-jupas so feel free to join the group and ask for advices!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fantastic1234
Any degree holders here?

I am applying as a degree holder
Hi
I am applying for medicine in HKU and CUHK. Any one else?
Reply 6
I'm a degree holder
Reply 7
Anyone heard back from HKU yet?
Hello, I am a mature international applicant. I submitted my application as soon as applications opened this year, I have heard from the admissons office that they don't have an average GPA as eacg institution and country is different. I was also told that they will be sending out offers throughout the next two weeks. I am currently learning Cantonese and making sure that my current science grades stay great. Anyone hear anything from HKU regarding interviews ?I know they list early December but that isn't really a date at all.
Reply 9
Anyone received any interview offers?
Reply 10
Original post by Nytol
Anyone received any interview offers?

not yet....
Haven't received any information as of yet.
Reply 12
just received interview invitation from HKU! hope everything goes well for all of you!
Reply 13
I'm a degree holder and I just got an interview about an hour ago! Hope everyone is well!
I got an interview offer too but what if i dont speak cantonese...?
Reply 15
Original post by sparky000
I got an interview offer too but what if i dont speak cantonese...?

from what i’ve heard from my senior, his friends who weren’t fluent in canto got in as well! so idt you have zero chance in getting admitted! don’t worry so much and probably just do better in the other stations? all the best!
Original post by vki520
from what i’ve heard from my senior, his friends who weren’t fluent in canto got in as well! so idt you have zero chance in getting admitted! don’t worry so much and probably just do better in the other stations? all the best!

I speak Mandarin pretty fluently do you think thats enough?
Original post by sparky000
I speak Mandarin pretty fluently do you think thats enough?

If you can't speak the language at all, you probably will have a hard time interacting with patients in HK who mostly speak Cantonese. Not being fluent in a language is vastly different from not being able to communicate in that language
Reply 18
Just received invitation interview from HKU. Any senior can advise what question they will ask in Cantonese?
Reply 19
I'm a degree holder and haven't heard anything yet... Did you guys apply through the fast track?

Latest