The Student Room Group

Textbooks GCSE has too much unnecessary information

Hi,
I'm currently using the CGP books in order to study for my GCSEs. I am getting through them at a fair pace, however, I find that compared to the past papers there is a lot of irrelevant details which I really don't care about learning. I only want to know it if it could be on the exams.

Which textbooks could I use? Or is there just a guide to show me what I need to know and don't
Original post by Meh7
Hi,
I'm currently using the CGP books in order to study for my GCSEs. I am getting through them at a fair pace, however, I find that compared to the past papers there is a lot of irrelevant details which I really don't care about learning. I only want to know it if it could be on the exams.

Which textbooks could I use? Or is there just a guide to show me what I need to know and don't

Have you tried the CGP Revision Guides rather than the textbook?
Reply 2
Original post by Meh7
Hi,

The subject specifications have exactly what you need to know. Just not as easily/nicely presented.

e.g. https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/mathematics/2015/specification-and-sample-assesment/gcse-maths-2015-specification.pdf
(Edexcel Maths)
Original post by Meh7
Hi,

Thats why they have revision books or in days past people used to make their own revision notes, which contained just the right level of detail.
Do you make revision notes or are they something you dont care for?

You may find when you come to the real exam, that the useless bit of waffle actually contained useful information that made the difference between you getting a B and an A*. Revision books arent always sufficient.

Quick Reply

Latest