The Student Room Group

How to be good at GCSE French?

I urgently need advice ASAP..
Do well on your course work like speaking and writing exams. Use quizlet to learn them. Get your friends to test you on the speaking. I tried changing Siri to french and seeing if it understood me. Could also record your speaking and listen to it over and over. Listening to french radio/films help as youll get used to identifying words when they speak fast for the listening exams. Try learn the list of common exam french words. Good luck :smile:
Use HelloTalk. Honestly, it can solve all your problems.

Look over the words and grammar you are a bit shaky on and make some posts on there and let French people correct you if you're wrong. For speaking, start chatting to some French people using voice messages and ask them to rate/repeat what you said. Actually using French is the best way to get it in your head, and you're under no obligation to actually give your real name in the app so embarass yourself as much as you want and MAKE MISTAKES, nobody cares if your French isn't perfect. Just by using what you've learned and seeing it used in context your brain will adapt and once you've got everything drilled into your head, reading and writing French will come naturally. If you're feeling brave you could even use HelloTalk to call a French person and have a real conversation with them. It's really hard at first but gets so easy after a while. Anyway, whatever you choose to do, good luck!
There are so many apps and quizzes try using those

Quick Reply

Latest