The Student Room Group

How to not freak out before a test you know your gonna fail

So I’ve got a computing test in half an hour and no matter how much I cram I can remember a thing. I’m stressing out. Does anyone have any advice for me before I freak out I’m trying to remember stuff but it’s not going in. No matter how hard I try I can’t remember the stuff for this test because half of it isn’t even in the textbook we have to find it using dodgy online articles on websites full of pop ups. Someone please tell
Me how to keep clam
Reply 1
Accept that you are going to fail.
It's fact you can't change it.

Just do the best you can do and get as high a mark as you can you may surprise yourself.
Original post by adam277
Accept that you are going to fail.
It's fact you can't change it.

Just do the best you can do and get as high a mark as you can you may surprise yourself.

I don’t think I can. What’s making me worse is that there’s a entire class around me also knowing they’re gonna fail. When your teacher can’t even answer the questions you know they’re hard
Reply 3
Original post by Studentboy783
I don’t think I can. What’s making me worse is that there’s a entire class around me also knowing they’re gonna fail. When your teacher can’t even answer the questions you know they’re hard

What is the question?

I've known people who got a scrapping grade in maths because they always showed their working out even though they got the answer wrong so being wrong and failing isn't always the same.
Original post by adam277
What is the question?

I've known people who got a scrapping grade in maths because they always showed their working out even though they got the answer wrong so being wrong and failing isn't always the same.

It’s multiple questions. There’s questions she tells us that will be on exams that even she can’t answer. If I listed them all I’d be here for a hour. But they’re usually ones with multiple parts and they have to be done perfectly or you get 0 at least in my school
Reply 5
Original post by Studentboy783
It’s multiple questions. There’s questions she tells us that will be on exams that even she can’t answer. If I listed them all I’d be here for a hour. But they’re usually ones with multiple parts and they have to be done perfectly or you get 0 at least in my school

You're doing mocks though right? If that's the case then don't worry about it in the long run they don't matter.
Also if your entire class fails like you think will happen chances are it's your teacher that will get in trouble, not you.
Original post by adam277
You're doing mocks though right? If that's the case then don't worry about it in the long run they don't matter.
Also if your entire class fails like you think will happen chances are it's your teacher that will get in trouble, not you.

They aren’t even mocks they’re like the mocks for the mocks

Quick Reply

Latest