The Student Room Group

KCL international Foundation requirements

Hii I’m a year 11 student studying in Australia. (Australia system only till year12.) But my nationality is Hong Kong. I’m considering to apply UK university foundation after finishing year11 in Australia. My subject considerations are either history or architecture. I am considering to apply for these universities and courses:

First choice: Kings College London- International relations and politics foundation
Durham University- History with foundation year
Sheffield University- Business, Social Science, Humanities foundation

As my case is so different from the others, I cannot find much details from their websites. I’m not a Australia domestic student. Some international Foundation requires the applicant need to have high school certificates. But some is not necessary.

Is there any university foundation course suits my situation?

Thanks you very much.
I'd suggest contacting the universities in question to confirm. I believe the ATAR is accepted for direct entry for a number of degree programmes so it may be unnecessary to do the foundation. It doesn't matter whether you're an Australian student or another nationality taking studying there, if you get an ATAR it'll be viewed the same. If you won't be entered for that, then the foundation may well be required - it's likely they'll require a pass in whatever the relevant high school certificate is though.

I would point out, history and architecture are hugely different subjects...particularly if you would want to apply to architecture at other universities after finishing your foundation at one, I would suggest contacting the architecture course providers before even applying to these foundations to see which, if any, would satisfy their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending