The Student Room Group

What are the rules on eating and drinking in an exam room??

I'm allowed to cake a cup of water in, so what's stopping me from taking a transparent zip lock bag into the exam with sweets or something??

Scroll to see replies

no food...only water
Reply 2
Depends on how uptight the invigilator is, my one allowed me a tube of fruit pastilles in the exam
Original post by ScullywagonThree
I'm allowed to cake a cup of water in, so what's stopping me from taking a transparent zip lock bag into the exam with sweets or something??

Don't think we are allowed to eat in the exams at my school. Tbh I doubt I'd have any apetite in the middle of a 3 hour english lit exam XD
Original post by ForeverAQx
Don't think we are allowed to eat in the exams at my school. Tbh I doubt I'd have any apetite in the middle of a 3 hour english lit exam XD

You might wanna crush that urge for sugar. Whenever I'm sitting in an exam food is all I can think of

Because the rustling could annoy and disrupt other candidates.
Original post by LeapingLucy
Because the rustling could annoy and disrupt other candidates.

what if I got a transparent pencil case (which are kinda required) and put the food in there
what if I got a transparent pencil case (which are kinda required) and put the food in there

You make sounds when eating?
Original post by Bill Nye
You make sounds when eating?

you make sounds when writing, breathing, moving your chair and when you change page
I once stuck a jellybean in the end of my pen lid :shh:
you make sounds when writing, breathing, moving your chair and when you change page

Do you have a pen that barks every time you write or something?
Original post by RichPiana
Do you have a pen that barks every time you write or something?

no, I'm not saying it's a loud sound, but nonetheless there is a sound

Breathing is basically silent. Writing is quiet. Moving a chair is often done before the exam.

Changing the page, what are you using? A bike pump?
Original post by Andrew97
Breathing is basically silent. Writing is quiet. Moving a chair is often done before the exam.

Changing the page, what are you using? A bike pump?

I can chew quietly... I'm not eating popcorn
Depends on the school/university

For GCSES - water only, Sixth form - you could take sweets in a clear bag and water, university - bottled water only (obvs no label)

I always have water in an exam - taking a sip of water is a good way to just pause, calm yourself down and refocus yourself on the questions
I can chew quietly... I'm not eating popcorn

Ok?

It’s still not allowed.
Wrappers make noise.
The chairs moving, turning pages, writing is all normal background noise.
The rustling of sweet wrappers would be more disrupting
Original post by AzureCeleste
Wrappers make noise.
The chairs moving, turning pages, writing is all normal background noise.
The rustling of sweet wrappers would be more disrupting

read everything here... no wrappers, in a clear pencil case or zip lock back that won't have any of those rustling aounds
Reply 18
read everything here... no wrappers, in a clear pencil case or zip lock back that won't have any of those rustling aounds

It would still make noise.

I’m pretty sure you’re only allowed food in exams if you need it for medical reasons, like if you’re diabetic.

Quick Reply

Latest