The Student Room Group

Things you wish you’d known before your gap year

Any tips and advice? I’m currently on my gap year and I have a job as a financial administrator, but I’m planning to go travelling in the last two months of summer. Would you advise to save as much as possible (I currently have about 7k in my account) or to quit my job later on and go travelling? Thanks🙂
Original post by Sotschi
Any tips and advice? I’m currently on my gap year and I have a job as a financial administrator, but I’m planning to go travelling in the last two months of summer. Would you advise to save as much as possible (I currently have about 7k in my account) or to quit my job later on and go travelling? Thanks🙂

Hello, :biggrin:

I would recommend doing what ever will make you most happy. If you really want to travel and go and experience new cultures then do it! A gap year is a perfect time to do this. I personally spent a gap year from university both travelling and working abroad so maybe you could incorporate the two. That way you will get to travel and earn some money at the same time.

I wish you the best for 2019 though, whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello, :biggrin:

I would recommend doing what ever will make you most happy. If you really want to travel and go and experience new cultures then do it! A gap year is a perfect time to do this. I personally spent a gap year from university both travelling and working abroad so maybe you could incorporate the two. That way you will get to travel and earn some money at the same time.

I wish you the best for 2019 though, whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:

Thank you and happy new year!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending