The Student Room Group

A-level combinations

Can someone please tell me about these A-level subjects and this combination- Geography, Psychology, and Music.
I'm possibly thinking to do English Literature instead of geography
Do you think this is a good choice?! Please help :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by maisiex10x
Can someone please tell me about these A-level subjects and this combination- Geography, Psychology, and Music.
I'm possibly thinking to do English Literature
Do you think this is a good choice?! Please help :smile:

Why not do EngLIt at A-level then? Many universities will require it.
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why not do EngLIt at A-level then? Many universities will require it.

Yes, I'm considering it, however, it's so much reading which puts me off a bit, I'm also dyslexic and stuff!
Do you think English is better than doing geography?!
I'd like to be an educational psychologist
Yes, I'm considering it, however, it's so much reading which puts me off a bit, I'm also dyslexic and stuff!

Just to clarify, are you considering English Literature as an extra A-level or instead of Geography?

1. You are considering doing English but skipping English A level....[ check entrance requirements and you will have your answer.]
2. You are put off reading at A level, then what do you think happens at degree level?
3. You want to do educational psychology, then why not do a degree in it?
Reply 5

Uh, what do you think they study in an EngLit degree course? And, as I said, many universities require EngLit at A-level, so not having it will severely limit your choices.

If you want to be an educational psychologist why not study Psych at university?
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/educational-psychologist
it's a good choice if you're not planning on doing english lit for uni... they'd be fine for psychology.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
1. You are considering doing English but skipping English A level....[ check entrance requirements and you will have your answer.]
2. You are put off reading at A level, then what do you think happens at degree level?
3. You want to do educational psychology, then why not do a degree in it?

I'm currently in yr 11 and picking level options, in the future, I would like to do an educational psychology degree. I'm not putting it off reading however many have said that you should on pick English lit if you want to do 5+ hrs of reading a week outside the classroom, and I don't know if i really want to do this! Err I'm not skipping English a level?!! I'm thinking of taking it as an alevel?
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
Just to clarify, are you considering English Literature as an extra A-level or instead of Geography?

Instead of geography!!
Reply 9
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)it's a good choice if you're not planning on doing english lit for uni... they'd be fine for psychology.
Yeh, I'm hoping to do educational psychology at uni
Original post by Doonesbury
Uh, what do you think they study in an EngLit degree course? And, as I said, many universities require EngLit at A-level, so not having it will severely limit your choices.

If you want to be an educational psychologist why not study Psych at university?
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/educational-psychologist

Just to clarify, I dont want to do an english lit course,at uni im hoping to do an educational psychology course :smile:
Reply 11
Just to clarify, I dont want to do an english lit course,at uni im hoping to do an educational psychology course :smile:

Ok! Thanks for clarifying.

In which case why do you think Geography, Psychology, and Music aren't good choices? They are, if you enjoy those subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest