My top 5 tips on how I went from DDE into A*AA! + Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MissCarter786
Best motivation ever!!! Need a lil more, got a mock tomorrow :frown:

How did the mock go?
Reply 21
Original post by Skyrim
Hi, you resat one year later correct? Just curious as I am doing my A Levels in one year to begin with. This is a very motivating post :smile:

Yes that’s right!
Hey, did you already have your revision notes made before hand in the year? Or did you make it as you went along whilst doing past papers questions?
Reply 23
Original post by Presence
when you said 1-2 hours a week , is that per subject?

Nope, that was overall, although it wasn't evenly split between each subejct, I spent more time on the subjects that I was struggling with.
Reply 24
Original post by MajorFader
Did you apply to uni the first time you did a levels?
What are you currently studying?

Yes I did apply the first time and got some offers, I'm studying computer science right now. Have you applied for university?
Original post by x_Bronx
How did the mock go?

My english mock was so hard :frown: i found it really hard, any tips?
Reply 26
Original post by MissCarter786
My english mock was so hard :frown: i found it really hard, any tips?

That sucks... my best overall tips are in the post, but other than that I don't think there's much more I can suggest as I didn't take English
Reply 27
Original post by Presence
what did ou get A* in?

Maths
Original post by x_Bronx
Maths

ahhhh do you have tipsssssss!!!
one word : AMAZING
Reply 30
Original post by PaulVerzosa
Hey, did you already have your revision notes made before hand in the year? Or did you make it as you went along whilst doing past papers questions?

I made rough notes throughout the year and then redid them from scratch closer to exam period.
Your grades are amazing!! I need an A in chemistry- any tips specifically for this subject? Really struggling with it :frown:
Original post by x_Bronx
Yes I did apply the first time and got some offers, I'm studying computer science right now. Have you applied for university?

I’m resitting like you. Trying for that A* in maths and doing exams for my other subjects. Yes I applied the first time and my second time (now).
These are such great tips! I am in Year 13 so I take my exams this year, and I love the website Quizlet for making flashcards! You can make your own and use sets that other people have made, and it gives you the option to use them in different ways, for example play games (for when you aren't so motivated) or answer using either the definition or the term etc. What I love most about it is the practicality of not having to carry around a huge amount of flashcards; you can also get an app on your phone which makes it so much easier to revise on the go! I have just been on holiday and I just downloaded my flashcards and did them on my flight :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
one word : AMAZING

Is this sarcastic?? :tongue:
Original post by x_Bronx
Is this sarcastic?? :tongue:

nope seriously its not easy at all - actually more impressive than a straight a student :smile: congrats man :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by CupOfCaramel
Your grades are amazing!! I need an A in chemistry- any tips specifically for this subject? Really struggling with it :frown:

Chemistry is really hard so I don't blame you. Are you doing AS or A level?
Original post by x_Bronx
Chemistry is really hard so I don't blame you. Are you doing AS or A level?

A level- I got a C at AS
Reply 38
Original post by CupOfCaramel
A level- I got a C at AS

Did you do AQA? That's what I did so I'm not sure if my advice would be very helpful for different exam boards.
As I'm a year 12 Psychology student, do you have any tips and advice you could give to me about psychology. What did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest