The Student Room Group

My top 5 tips on how I went from DDE into A*AA! + Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by x_Bronx
Did you do AQA? That's what I did so I'm not sure if my advice would be very helpful for different exam boards.

please give me some tips for aqa as and a2 chemistry. i really just don't know where im going wrong! should i be spending most of my time on papers? I'm super variable in chem. AS was pretty much all B's and so far in A2 ive got 2 As and 2 Ds in topic tests:frown:
Original post by JessNg
Is there enough time to turn my grades around now?? :frown:

OF COUSRE THERE IS!?! All you need to do Is really focus in school... no distractions no phone, games or tv forget any social time with friends until after exams it will be worth it i promise!
Reply 42
That's already not too far off, good luck! And don't overdo the "LDS" :wink:
How did you revise for psychology?
Original post by x_Bronx
DDE was my actual grades, I got A*AA when I resat my A levels.

]that is sososososo good. You must've worked so hard!
Reply 45
Original post by randomuser5678
As I'm a year 12 Psychology student, do you have any tips and advice you could give to me about psychology. What did you do?

Keep going over the studies until you know them inside out, this is really important because they come up time and time again on the exams, and are usually worth a lot of marks.
Also resitting this year. Doing the same subjects, with different exam boards
What subjects. What unis are you applying for?
Reply 48
How do you become/stay motivated?
Yeah I’m in the same position. Well get through it.
Reply 50
Original post by p_s79
please give me some tips for aqa as and a2 chemistry. i really just don't know where im going wrong! should i be spending most of my time on papers? I'm super variable in chem. AS was pretty much all B's and so far in A2 ive got 2 As and 2 Ds in topic tests:frown:

My most important advice I can give is included in the post, but aside from that you need to spend a lot of time on the particular topics that are worth lots of marks. How good are you at mechanisms? Because they're relatively easy once you get your head around them and there's usually lots of marks to gain from them in the exams. The calculations also come up so much that you should also spend considerable amount of your time learning these too.
Original post by x_Bronx
My most important advice I can give is included in the post, but aside from that you need to spend a lot of time on the particular topics that are worth lots of marks. How good are you at mechanisms? Because they're relatively easy once you get your head around them and there's usually lots of marks to gain from them in the exams. The calculations also come up so much that you should also spend considerable amount of your time learning these too.

How did you balance your revision between 3 subjects? For me my 3 subjects have 2 sections.. i don;t know how to revise them daily.. im not a timetable person
Reply 52
Original post by sturdy swifter

Just answered a similar question, take a look at that
Reply 53
Seems like you know exactly where you went wrong so that's a good start! Have you applied to uni?
Reply 54
Original post by John123hi
]that is sososososo good. You must've worked so hard!

I did, thanks!
Reply 55
Ahh nice! Well good luck!
Original post by x_Bronx

1. HOW MUCH REVISION: Personally, I started from week 1, but only a little at first, around 1-2 hours per week. I then gradually increased the amount per week as the year progressed, doing about 3-5 hours per day by May.

Week 1 in year 12 or 13?
Original post by sturdy swifter

you don't nibba
Reply 58
Original post by KimY5t
How do you become/stay motivated?

I talked a little bit about this in the post. Gradually increasing my workload throughout the year allows me to not burn out so I can keep going. The other best way for me to stay motivated is to actually enjoy it (to some extent anyway). I like watching revision videos as they make learning more engaging, but it depends what subjects you do as you won't find them for every one.
Hey, how did you not get distracted when taking breaks?

Quick Reply

Latest