The Student Room Group

UK Border force (November 2018)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrisnolan77
where you going Emily alison96 ?

Manchester! How about you? How long was it after your provisional offer that you started?
Original post by Bluenose_1878
Thanks a lot, MonkeyH!

My provisional offer is for Manchester. Going to complete all the additional documentation tomorrow.

Approximately how long did the vetting process take, for those that were successful?

Original post by Bluenose_1878
Good Evening, Everyone! :ciao:

Not checked in here for a while. Hope you’re all doing well?

Received my provisional offer this morning. :grin:

Applied in November 2018. Liverpool & Manchester Airport as my 1st / 2nd choice options. Been held in reserve since July 2019.

Congratulations, Emily! Well done!

Where are you going to be based? I don’t know much at the moment. I need to fill all the forms in over the weekend and get everything returned asap!

Congrats! I feel as thought I’ve waited forever. Almost 2 years since applying. I’m also working my way through the forms. I wonder how long it will be before we get a confirmed date through..
I have yet to start. My start date is the 26th October also for Manchester. Have to go to Heathrow for 2 weeks. Applied Nov 2018.
Can't for the life of me remember when my offer came thru.
Hi guys,

Hope everyone’s safe and well.

Has anyone had movement on their offers in the North East? Every time I email for an update it’s just the standard response that there isn’t any jobs in the area yet.

Cheers
Original post by emilyalison96
Hey, I applied Nov 2018 and got my provisional offer this morning!

Brilliant, congratulations! Where for? Manchester seems sooooo slow
Original post by emilyalison96
Manchester! How about you? How long was it after your provisional offer that you started?

Must have been about 7 months.
Have just completed my 3rd week of training. Loads to take in bit all very interesting
Evening all,

I have finally had a provisional job offer 😃. Forms submitted this evening, hopefully I’ll not have to wait much longer (fingers crossed).
don't hold your breath
don't hold your breath

Oh I’m not. Checks seem to be going ok so far. Had a couple things back. I’ve seen on another post any formal offers going out in the very near future is for jan/feb 21 onwards.
Had a start date through 4th January for Liverpool. Anyone that has began/completed training could you provide some info on what to expect? Thank you
Original post by J-Bloor1991
Had a start date through 4th January for Liverpool. Anyone that has began/completed training could you provide some info on what to expect? Thank you

Congrats mate! I’m being very optimistic and hoping I’ll have a start date soon after🤭. Did all of your checks take long to complete?
Thanks bud. Around 16 weeks
Original post by J-Bloor1991
Thanks bud. Around 16 weeks

Thanks for letting me know 👍🏻
Has anyone heard anything for Birmingham Airport?
Be ready to take in lots of information.
Course content can be overwhelming. I am currently on my final week and my head is well and truly cabbaged. The training is no walk in the park and expectations are high. That said the training team are very good and will support you throughout the process. Just make sure you make plenty of notes during the sessions, they will be invaluable to you later. If you would like a more detailed break down of what I have done give me a shout
Original post by MarcJ89
Hi guys,

Hope everyone’s safe and well.

Has anyone had movement on their offers in the North East? Every time I email for an update it’s just the standard response that there isn’t any jobs in the area yet.

Cheers

Still waiting my reservist expires in Feb when did you interview and what did you score at interview? I was 33 with outstanding just seen you have been offered a start date wonder how long i will wait
Evening Everyone! :ciao:

I haven’t checked in here for some time.

Received a call from Recruitment earlier this afternoon offering me a position for Manchester.

Induction is on the 8th February. Training commences on the 22nd.

It’s been a long wait, but grateful for the opportunity and can’t wait to get started.

Anyone else got a February start date?
great news bluenose
great news bluenose

Thanks a lot, Chris!

How are you getting on?
finished training last Friday. looking forward to first shift in port on Friday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending