The Student Room Group

UK Border force (November 2018)

Scroll to see replies

Ryans121 did u goon a reserve list first before getting your security clearance ? If so how long on it.
Probably worth mentioning to you lot, I am already in the CS and went to a cross forum event the other day. BF were there, and I spoke to a pretty big cheese. Cannot remember the ladies name. I asked her about the delays and whether a job would actually materialise. She told me there was a big probability it would, but mentioned a back log specifically for SC clearances, as current BFOs were getting them redone. Also that in Manchester they would need 60 BFO for the new extension at the airport.
Original post by chrisnolan77
Ryans121 did u goon a reserve list first before getting your security clearance ? If so how long on it.

Reserve for about a month, then provisional offer followed by plenty of forms to fill in, one of which was for Sc
More waiting expected then ! cheere
Take it none of you have had any updates yet ?

Not heard anything, Chris! Regularly check the email inbox, but not a dicky bird! Ha! :dontknow:

Hope we all get some positive news soon. Hang in there everyone! :borat:
sounds like we need to get a provisional offer next Bluenose. just wish they would speed this all up
sounds like we need to get a provisional offer next Bluenose. just wish they would speed this all up

A provisional offer would be great. At least it gets the ball rolling and it's a step closer to a start date.

For now though, just have to be patient and keep the faith.
Reply 87
After the interview a few months ago, I was put on the reserve list, then about 3 weeks later offered a position at Gatwick. Everything went through quickly after.. Have you heard anything?
Original post by rrichy
Anyone heard anything about Gatwick roles after interviews last week?
For those successful at interview and placed on the reserve list, approximately how long were you waiting before being contacted / emailed a provisional job offer?
Reply 89
Mine was about 3 weeks for Gatwick

Original post by Bluenose_1878
For those successful at interview and placed on the reserve list, approximately how long were you waiting before being contacted / emailed a provisional job offer?
Will vary between sites massively
thanks for that Griff_d
Reply 92
I am in the civil service already, I find recruitment etc usually slows right down due to the summer holidays / annual leave / term time colleagues.
Original post by Griff_d
Mine was about 3 weeks for Gatwick

Thanks for that Griff_d. Seen that prior to my earlier post.

Anyone here applied for Liverpool or Manchester that was successful at interview in the last 12 months? How long were all of you waiting before receiving the provisional offer?

Original post by J-Bloor1991
Will vary between sites massively

I know this will vary up and down the country, I should have been more specific. :banghead::rofl3:
I applied for Liverpool and Manchester. When was your interview? I was told I was successful 1st July, strong demo, now on reserve. Never know we may hear something end this month
Applied Liverpool Manchester also.
Strong demonstration. Was also told successful 1sr July. I know someone who works with BF, he had said he has never known anyone not go on a reserve list first...
Yeh this is backed up on what I heard the other week when I spoke to a big cheese in the department. Sounds very likely for us lot that we will get a shout couple weeks fingers crossed
We can only speculate though whilst we fill the void 😂
Original post by J-Bloor1991
I applied for Liverpool and Manchester. When was your interview? I was told I was successful 1st July, strong demo, now on reserve. Never know we may hear something end this month

Same here, mate! Liverpool as my first choice, Manchester second choice.

Interview was in Manchester on Wednesday 12th June. Received an email to confirm I was successful on the 1st July. Placed on reserve list.

Strong demonstration also. I hope we all get some good news soon. Hopefully we get selected for an intake later this year. I'd be more than happy with that.
Reply 99
Liverpool also my first choice! Would be happy with Seaforth Docks or the airport.
Original post by Bluenose_1878
Same here, mate! Liverpool as my first choice, Manchester second choice.

Interview was in Manchester on Wednesday 12th June. Received an email to confirm I was successful on the 1st July. Placed on reserve list.

Strong demonstration also. I hope we all get some good news soon. Hopefully we get selected for an intake later this year. I'd be more than happy with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending