The Student Room Group

Asking teachers for help??

I’m in year 12 and studying a level physics chemistry and philosophy and ethics, I absolutely love all my subjects however lately Iv been really struggling with the amount of work I have and the actual work in general, I ask my teachers for help in lessons but I also struggle with hw and revision. One of my physics teachers knows I’m finding physics hard but not that I’m finding the whole sixth from ‘experience’ difficult. I really want to speak to my physics teacher about it as Iv spike to him about problems before and I have to say he’s very lovely and kind, but I don’t want to keep bugging him when he’s probably got lots of other stuff to do, how could I go about talking to him ??
Reply 1
I understand that you don't want to bother him, but at the end of the days, he's a teacher. One of the roles of the teacher is to make sure that every student understands the subject content. That being said, come up to him and ask him when he'll be free and then say what you need to.
Reply 2
Original post by Stebe
I understand that you don't want to bother him, but at the end of the days, he's a teacher. One of the roles of the teacher is to make sure that every student understands the subject content. That being said, come up to him and ask him when he'll be free and then say what you need to.

Thanks, I just don’t really know what to say to him because it’s nkt just the subject content I’m struggling with, I’m finding the workload hard and it’s all getting a bit to much. What should I say to him ?
Reply 3
Say what you need. Explain that you're overwhelmed by the workload and you can't cope with it as well as others do. If he's kind, he'll understand. He'll probably talk to your other teachers and take it a bit easier on you. Don't worry, you'll get through it.
Reply 4
Original post by Stebe
Say what you need. Explain that you're overwhelmed by the workload and you can't cope with it as well as others do. If he's kind, he'll understand. He'll probably talk to your other teachers and take it a bit easier on you. Don't worry, you'll get through it.

Okay I’m gonna talk to him Monday and explain everything, he’s a very kind and understanding so I’m sure he’ll help me.

Quick Reply

Latest