Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2019 Watch

eureka01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for the year 2019 opened a few days ago, to run till the14th of March, 2019.
Let all applicants and hopefuls come here to exchange information and help ourselves.
Best of favours to us all...may we win.
Olasosweet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by eureka01)
Applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for the year 2019 opened a few days ago, to run till the14th of March, 2019.
Let all applicants and hopefuls come here to exchange information and help ourselves.
Best of favours to us all...may we win.
Amen. I want to apply but I haven’t gotten any admissions yet. I hope it’s not too late
eureka01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
No dear, it isn't. Go through the eligible courses, find the ones that suit you and apply to the school for admission. A decision can be reached in a week or even less.
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No dear, it isn't. Go through the eligible courses, find the ones that suit you and apply to the school for admission. A decision can be reached in a week or even less.
Alright then, many thanks
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you gotten any admissions?
eureka01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Yes a handful. You?
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes a handful. You?
Yes, I just recieved my first one. It’s a conditional offer though.... they said I had to pass a visa interview(assessing my abiltity to fund the study) first, before its converted to unconditional
eureka01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olasosweet)
Yes, I just recieved my first one. It’s a conditional offer though.... they said I had to pass a visa interview(assessing my abiltity to fund the study) first, before its converted to unconditional
Odd condition though. But you should pass the interview and get your unconditional offer. Which school is that by the way?
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Odd condition though. But you should pass the interview and get your unconditional offer. Which school is that by the way?
Yeah, very odd, my thought too. But seeing as I will be applying for a scholarship, it shouldn’t be a problem. I guess i just have to inform them. Cardiff metropolitan university
eureka01
Rep:
?
Yeah, very odd, my thought too. But seeing as I will be applying for a scholarship, it shouldn’t be a problem. I guess i just have to inform them. Cardiff metropolitan university
Okay then. Best of favours. Also remember to remind them that you're applying for the scholarship. You're a Nigerian, right?
Nas25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello guys, might I ask what universities and courses you are applying for. I haven't received any offers yet since I only recently submitted my applications to Reading and SOAS university.
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay then. Best of favours. Also remember to remind them that you're applying for the scholarship. You're a Nigerian, right?
Thanks dear. Yes i’m Nigerian. You
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nas25)
Hello guys, might I ask what universities and courses you are applying for. I haven't received any offers yet since I only recently submitted my applications to Reading and SOAS university.
Nothing to worry about. You’ll get offers soon. I recieved from Cardiff yesterday and I applied only last week or so
Patrick Quaye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Amen. I want to apply but I haven’t gotten any admissions yet. I hope it’s not too late
Not at all...
You have plenty of time to gain admission and to start and complete your EAS application. About a month and a week more to the deadline
Patrick Quaye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Recieved this from Cranfield University.

“I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected by the first selection board to proceed onto the next stage of consideration.

You have already previously been made an offer to study with us, so you do not need to submit anything further to us unless you have any outstanding conditions on your offer, then you should endeavour to meet these as soon as possible.

You will, however, be required to submit an application to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) via their EAS system.

The final decision on the successful nominees will be made by the end of May and you will be notified, via email, around that time as to whether you have been chosen”

Please what are my chances of finally getting nominated by Cranfield University for the scholarship.
I have a first class and an unconditional offer from Cranfield University
Last edited by Patrick Quaye; 1 week ago
eureka01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Patrick Quaye)

“I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected by the first selection board to proceed onto the next stage of consideration.

You have already previously been made an offer to study with us, so you do not need to submit anything further to us unless you have any outstanding conditions on your offer, then you should endeavour to meet these as soon as possible.

You will, however, be required to submit an application to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) via their EAS system.

The final decision on the successful nominees will be made by the end of May and you will be notified, via email, around that time as to whether you have been chosen”

Please what are my chances of finally getting nominated by Cranfield University for the scholarship.
Congratulations!!!
I also applied to Cranfield though they'll let me know of their decision by the eighteenth of February.
At this stage, its difficult to say anything about the possibility of getting nominated. Cranfield has 10 slots and that's likely to attract many applications to them. But with your first class, it should put you at an advantage, though.
Just keep hope alive. Cheers.

My two cents
eureka01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks dear. Yes i’m Nigerian. You
Yes I'm a Nigerian too. Your username sold you out, lol.
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes I'm a Nigerian too. Your username sold you out, lol.
Lol, right
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Patrick Quaye)

Wow, congratulations!!!
Your first class truly puts you at an advantage. Ensure you write a beautiful essay on benefits to home country and you are good to go. I heard that section of the application carries most of the marks.
Nas25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nothing to worry about. You’ll get offers soon. I recieved from Cardiff yesterday and I applied only last week or so
Thanks for the encouragement. Just wanted to ask questions relating to References. Are we only required to submit a reference letter if nominated for the CSSS, because that is the info I'm seeing in the CSSS portal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (8)
5.26%
No (144)
94.74%

Watched Threads