The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Synoptic essay!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i chose the nitrogen one.

n i put

nitrogen cycle
primary, secondary tertiary protein (DNA, enzyme, haemoglobin...)
protein digestion...
plants absorption ... water potential

prob i wrote more than that but i cudnt remember ...
I did the nitrogen one. Planned the hydrogen one but didn't have enough to write!
Wrote about Nitrogen cycle, plant uptake of nitrates, protein structure, enzymes, protein channels, protein digestion, DNA, protein synthesis a little bit about deamination, ruminant digestion of protein.

Managed to answer all the questions but made up a few answers! Never know whether it's right or not with those Qs!
Reply 82
Are you on about specification A?

The essays for B were brilliant, enzymes and cell membranes!
Reply 83
I did the one on enzymes. I thought section A and the questions from section B were easier than past papers. I thought 2 hours 15 wasnt gonna be long enough but I had done all the questions in an hour. Im not sure whether thats a good thing or bad thing.
Reply 84
Im completely useless with the nitrogen cycle so i did essay A..

i wrote about protein structure(enzymes active site), haemoglobin, cohesion tension theory, water properties, nucleotides.

i did struggle with writing enough though...really with my nitrogen cycle had been up to scratch then i could have done that one.

Oh well done now though! made the best out of a bad situation!

hope everyone found it okay!
Sounds like you got enough stuff in there though! I wouldn't have thought of half of that!

Yeah exactly-all done now yay!!!
i wrote about the same things except for haemoglobin.. what did you say for that? is hydrogen bonding betwee nthe globin part?
Reply 87
nt specifically haemoglobin...just tht it has a quarternary structure(because of hydrogen bondin)
Reply 88
Im on spec B, did the enzymes essay =) So happy it wasn't a nasty essay. Think the section A wasn't too bad
Reply 89
What about when CO2 diffuses into the Red Blood Cells, reacting with water to make H2CO3, which then breaks into H+ and HCO3. The H+ ions combines with oxyhaemoglobin which then causes a change in the structure causing more dissociation. I wrote about that. Think its right nayway. :s-smilie:

I also wrote about protein synthesis, DNA replication, structure of proteins, cohesion thetory in plants, and of course enzymes.
Original post by Botticello

Ahahah whoever negged me (I took that exam in 2008) I must have deleted the scan of the advice sheet from my photobucket and it carried it onto the next pic. I wasn't being facetious. Good god this website...negging a 3 year old post :s-smilie:
Original post by Botticello
Ahahah whoever negged me (I took that exam in 2008) I must have deleted the scan of the advice sheet from my photobucket and it carried it onto the next pic. I wasn't being facetious. Good god this website...negging a 3 year old post :s-smilie:

that biologylessons site appears down by the way... Shame... anyone know any others?
Reply 92
Original post by Joe555
Don't even get me started on this rubbish exam.....
http://www.biologylessons.net/files/SynopticEssays/SynopticEssays.html

This is an EXTREMELY good website! Treat it as your lover....seriously. I love this website:smile: (In a non-weird way)

All the essays are pretty much 25/25 and there's loads of guidelines etc. and mark schemes on how to write an essay. I'm on AQA A (the non-human one) too.

Joe555, please send me link as the above link no longer works

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending