The Student Room Group

How often do you return/visit home?

hi, people who stay away from home in halls/houses, how far away are you from home, and how often do you go home !! thank you .
Roughly 200 miles (Somerset - Manchester).

I will only go home during the semester breaks (Christmas, Easter, Summer) because the inconvenience and cost of transport just doesn't justify going at any other times.
Reply 2
I am almost 200 miles away, and only go home during Christmas and Easter, and don't really stay long than 5days tbh
I'm about 3 hours from home, and I only leave when I have to - so Christmas and Easter because by accommodation contract doesn't cover them. People who go home every other weekend miss so much
I'm six hours away from home and I only return every so often. It costs a lot of money (60 pound on the coach) and it's around six hours of travel. Any faster travel is way more expensive. I go home for birthdays, but I'm planning on staying in Sheffield and living here.

When I do go home, I try to stay as long as possible, but it's usually pretty inconvenient due to term time.

Josh
I'm not at uni yet but I'm going to be firming at York (5 hours from my home of Bournemouth). I'm hoping to extend my lease to 44 weeks so I can spend as much time up there as possible, might do work experience and the like over the summers. Lucky, I do have family an hour and a half away from York so I can get out if there are any emergencies!
About 4 hours from home.

During semester 1, I went home for reading week (week 7) and Christmas. So 6-7 weeks between trips home. This semester, I'm not planning to go home between Christmas and Easter, but my parents are coming to visit for the weekend about half way through the semester :smile:
Original post by Sadiedoherty
hi, people who stay away from home in halls/houses, how far away are you from home, and how often do you go home !! thank you .

~400 miles or so

Christmas and a bit of Summer.
Original post by Blue_Cow
~400 miles or so

Christmas and a bit of Summer.

Same and same.

For my last year, I only went back when I graduated.
I was 6 hours away from home, so I only went home 3 times in the year. Once at Christmas, once at Easter (I wasn't bothered about going home for Easter, but my parents really wanted me to), and once in June/July time.

Original post by JaredzzC
Roughly 200 miles (Somerset - Manchester).

I will only go home during the semester breaks (Christmas, Easter, Summer) because the inconvenience and cost of transport just doesn't justify going at any other times.

I'm from Somerset too... :ninjagirl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending