The Student Room Group

GOLDSMITH offer

Hello everyone! First of all I'm not english so please excuse if I'll do some errors.
So, I applied as most of you for 2019 undergraduate courses. My dream university is Goldsmith, but there's a big problem. I'm not from England and we don't have A grades, in my country universities don't care of your grades but or your real knowledge. I didn't know how important are grades and scores in Uk and this has been the biggest struggle during my current gap year. I scored 75\100 (BBC kind of) at my esame di maturita'. I was having serious illness, i chose the wrong school for me, some teachers hated me without any reasons (we all pass throu it I suppose), I worked bloody hard for my exams and some teachers that really believe in me told me that it was unfair how it all ended up. Goldsmith requires at least 80\100 (BBB level). It's the only university that I care about, the only one in which I want to study. I'm seriously stressed, anxious and depressed about all this things that are completely new to me. Does anyone if goldsmith could show a little bit of flexibility? Did someone has been rejected from Goldsmith? Please let me know a little bit about your experience as I feel completely alone in this situation and a little bit lost.
I'll be incredibly thankful for some help
Original post by beingawallflow
Hello everyone! First of all I'm not english so please excuse if I'll do some errors.
So, I applied as most of you for 2019 undergraduate courses. My dream university is Goldsmith, but there's a big problem. I'm not from England and we don't have A grades, in my country universities don't care of your grades but or your real knowledge. I didn't know how important are grades and scores in Uk and this has been the biggest struggle during my current gap year. I scored 75\100 (BBC kind of) at my esame di maturita'. I was having serious illness, i chose the wrong school for me, some teachers hated me without any reasons (we all pass throu it I suppose), I worked bloody hard for my exams and some teachers that really believe in me told me that it was unfair how it all ended up. Goldsmith requires at least 80\100 (BBB level). It's the only university that I care about, the only one in which I want to study. I'm seriously stressed, anxious and depressed about all this things that are completely new to me. Does anyone if goldsmith could show a little bit of flexibility? Did someone has been rejected from Goldsmith? Please let me know a little bit about your experience as I feel completely alone in this situation and a little bit lost.
I'll be incredibly thankful for some help

Hey there,

What course were you wanting to apply for with us?

75/100 is not bad, and depending on the course you may still get an offer if your overall application is strong (including personal statement and reference).

If you had reasons for not achieving the grade you expected (such as illness) then you are welcome to request mitigating circumstances seperately from your application.

Most importantly, don't lose heart! There are always options.

If you would like to chat or want any more information about this, please let me know or send me a DM. :smile:
You should be fine since I've never even heard of goldsmith. Seems like it just does social sciences so you should get an offer.
More competitive degrees like engineering or medicine will want AAB/AAA

Check out my website: unistocks.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending