The Student Room Group

Holding a protest?

Hi
I am fifteen years old and have campaigned on twitter against the proposed closure of my library. I really want to go tommorow outside the library to have a protest , probably just myself but maybe others will join in. It will involve me standing outside the library holding placards and walking up and down the street. I’m a bit nervous though any words of advice
Thanks
Hi @ap.ferro, sorry you didn't get any advice! Well done for getting involved though, that's a brave thing to do and I'm glad you're taking action. The protest must have happened by now, I hope it went well! Hopefully your local council listen to you too :yep:

Other things I'd suggest:
- If you have another protest, try gather a few more people. 2 is better than 1!
- Start a petition online? If you do, make a thread with a link in it. We will sign it for you!

Best of luck, fingers crossed your library isn't closed any time soon!
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hi @ap.ferro, sorry you didn't get any advice! Well done for getting involved though, that's a brave thing to do and I'm glad you're taking action. The protest must have happened by now, I hope it went well! Hopefully your local council listen to you too :yep:

Other things I'd suggest:
- If you have another protest, try gather a few more people. 2 is better than 1!
- Start a petition online? If you do, make a thread with a link in it. We will sign it for you!

Best of luck, fingers crossed your library isn't closed any time soon!

Hi thanks I went ahead with it glad I did! I met a woman there who was doing a petition so she got people to sign it. Good feedback and already signed lots of petitions.
Original post by ap.ferro
Hi thanks I went ahead with it glad I did! I met a woman there who was doing a petition so she got people to sign it. Good feedback and already signed lots of petitions.

Yay! Good on you. I'd still say get an online petition though, you'll get more signatures that way and you can get people from out of your town to sign it too.
Like I said, post a link on TSR and I'm sure people will do so.

Quick Reply

Latest