The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Cardiff university for dental hygiene 2019?
I'm still waiting to hear back for dental therapy. I was told my a previous student that she had to wait until march to find out.
Reply 2
Crikey, March is late! How will we find out whether we've got an interview or not? Via email or UCAS? 🤔
I know it sure is. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything. Well I did apply for Bristol also and I didn't get an interview for there and was told through UCAS and I also had an email from them so I'm guessing it would be the same way. Have you applied for anywhere else?
Reply 4
Right ok! I'm checking my emails and junk mail just in case lol. So I only applied for Cardiff stupidly as it's only a 2 year course. I've already done a 3 year degree so having to do another one as long is off putting ! I should've applied elsewhere I think. How about you?
Yes I'm doing the same. Well I've applied for Plymouth and Portsmouth also but still waiting to hear off them. It's March next week so hoping to hear something soon. Is the other degree that you studied in dentistry also?
Reply 6
Ah nice! Hopefully we will find out soon! The suspense is killing me. So I graduated from Plymouth as a registered nutritionist. Fancied going into dentistry, currently working as a dental nurse. Are you doing A levels or?..
It's killing me too! Ha! Oh I see! No I'm also currently a dental nurse. I'm doing an access course whilst work to hopefully get in this year. It sounds like you should have a good chance with the degree and dental nursing. Did you not fancy going back to Plymouth to study again?
Reply 8
Ah amazing! Best of luck with it anyway. Least we've got some experience behind us 😄 Well I hope so! Really want to get into Cardiff. I loved Plymouth as a uni, fancied somewhere different though. Plus, Cardiff is only an hour away from me 👍🏼
Yes good luck to you too! Yes Cardiff is my first choice because it's the closest to me but i'm willing to move away if need be. Glad to hear Plymouth is a nice place! I've never been there but still applied haha!
Reply 10
Hey, both me and my friend received an interview for Cardiff. They are carrying out interviews next week mine is Friday the 8th. So may be worth giving them a call and getting an update? I received an email on 15th February x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by psx
Hey, both me and my friend received an interview for Cardiff. They are carrying out interviews next week mine is Friday the 8th. So may be worth giving them a call and getting an update? I received an email on 15th February x

Hia. Thank you for letting me know. I will give them a ring to see what is what. Good luck next week!
Reply 12
Did you call? If so what was the result if you don't mind me asking, I've heard back from everyone but them and starting to get worried as Cardiff would be my no.1 if they offer me a place😅
Original post by Catrin-Haf
Hia. Thank you for letting me know. I will give them a ring to see what is what. Good luck next week!
Hi everyone. Did anyone apply to Bristol for dental hygiene and therapy course and got offered an interview? I am just curious how I can prepare for the practical task and written task on the interview.
Yes I did call and unfortunately if you haven’t heard anything then you will most likely be unsuccessful. They are interviewing next week so they would have invited you by now. Give them a call for feedback I would. Sorry. Might be different for you.
Reply 15
Hey sorry to jump in, I think you still have time to add more options? Essex is another two year course for oral health education which gives you the chance to become a dental hygienist? Could be worth a try although I know it’s far from Cardiff! X
Original post by Alt1996
Right ok! I'm checking my emails and junk mail just in case lol. So I only applied for Cardiff stupidly as it's only a 2 year course. I've already done a 3 year degree so having to do another one as long is off putting ! I should've applied elsewhere I think. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest