The Student Room Group

Where to meet the "serious" girls?

Hi there!

I am a PG student at Lancaster University and last year I broke up after a looong relationship. The last couple of months I am finally feeling 100% ready to start dating again, BUT... there is a problem...

Where are we supposed to meet and get to know the girls who are looking for more than a hookup, that appreciate a man's character, ethos, intelligence and behaviour?

Obviously, I am not fond of meeting a girl in a nightclub since I never had and don't want to have a one-night stand, and on Tinder 99% of the girls won't even reply to a polite message. Apparently not the ideal place either.
I am 26 years old fairly attractive, 6.1 and proportionate, taking care of myself without overdoing it (nice clothes, clean, not a homeless look :biggrin: ) and I have received good feedback from females for that, therefore I think appearance is not the reason.
And, if that matters at all, as a physiotherapist I also offer nice massages (that should be a plus).

So yeah... if you are a girl who wants something more than just sex, who wants a man that respects you and wants something more than just sex (and see where it goes), a dating - potential relationship situation basically, where do I find you? How do I get to know you?

New in the UK, as you can tell, any ideas are more than welcome!

Cheers!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
gosh darn it, I almost thought you were a lesbian, in which case, I'd want to have a longer relationship.

The best way (I find) to meet girls who want more than sex, is to meet them in real life, and not online, like at work, at the local library,or actually, anywhere, that way you'll make sure that they aren't crazy or aren't as attractive as you expected them to be.
Just be open to having conversations with random people regularly.
Workplaces are good, as well as mutual friends of friends. I don't know if you're religious, but you can find good women in church too.
I’m here! 😄
Slightly more seriously, I agree with the above post, and also try and do things that you like doing and seeing if there are any girls there - shared interests are important
me
Activities and things that I like, casual talking, church, work (next year)...
Alright, got it! Gosh, it's been a while... Hopefully, I won't be invasive or something.

Might be a bit tough due to my master's intensity and my tight schedule, but I will give it a shot! Thanks for the tips!

As for the last two comments, here is... where? :P
That was the point of my question, I don't doubt your existence, I am just saying it's hard to know who you are and approach you somehow.
Original post by V for souVlaki
Activities and things that I like, casual talking, church, work (next year)...
Alright, got it! Gosh, it's been a while... Hopefully, I won't be invasive or something.

Might be a bit tough due to my master's intensity and my tight schedule, but I will give it a shot! Thanks for the tips!

As for the last two comments, here is... where? :P
That was the point of my question, I don't doubt your existence, I am just saying it's hard to know who you are and approach you somehow.

Fair enough - good luck (I’m in space currently :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending