The Student Room Group

Advanced higher

Hi. I’m currently taking higher history this year and in my S6 year I was going to be taking advanced higher history. However I read somewhere far you already did the AH as a higher you can’t use the AH and Higher as two separate entries.Eg if the required grades was AAB, you could use the AH history as a B and the higher history as a A. Because they are the same subject.Is this the case for every universities. Can somewhere help me before I submit my subject choice form
Umm what?
I'm lost.
Next year when you apply to uni you will I assume be taking 3 subjects and your conditional offer will be based off of them. So if entrance requirements are ABB it will be ABB in those subjects.
Higher and AH are two different levels? I'm confused by your point. What website were you looking at?
Most universities don't double count subjects, however, they may require an advanced higher as part of their entry requirements, you need to do some research into what uni's you want to go to. I'm currently in my Advanced Higher History class as I write this and I can tell you its hard work and don't just take it up because you did well in Higher. Really think if you can devote time to do about an essay a week and then (around March) write a 4000-word dissertation. Don't get me wrong, I love the class! but it is a huge time investment :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending