The Student Room Group

best bank for an EU student account?

what’s your experience with international (EU) student bank accounts? do you have any recommendations or warnings?

i’ve been advised by relatives that barclays is a good bank, however they do not own a student account
Original post by delia0117q
what’s your experience with international (EU) student bank accounts? do you have any recommendations or warnings?

i’ve been advised by relatives that barclays is a good bank, however they do not own a student account

Barclays do have an international student account, and it seems like the best one as there aren't any fees for sending and receiving money.

I'd go for that as the rest seem to have hefty fees for international transfers.
Reply 2
Original post by jameswhughes
Barclays do have an international student account, and it seems like the best one as there aren't any fees for sending and receiving money.

I'd go for that as the rest seem to have hefty fees for international transfers.

thank you!
I'd say app-based banks are the best way to go. Monzo, Monese, Starling etc.

I use Monese which I'd highly recommend - very fast to open and anyone can get an account, no fees and no international fees, payments are instant etc. Here's a link to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending