The Student Room Group

“Uncash” A lvl grades

Hi guys! I just received my final A lvl grades ystday. I took a 1.5 yr IAL course & unexpectedly scored higher than my predicted grades. Got A*A*A for Economics, Accounts & Mathematics.

So basically, I’m safe and have met all of my conditional offers. HOWEVER none of them were the ‘uni of my choice’. I applied for Economics & got offers from Warwick, Bristol, Bath & King’s. But since I didn’t get A* in Maths - I couldn’t apply to LSE a& UCL for pure econs. Instead, LSE i applied for Maths, Stats & Business but got rejected cause my personal statement was mainly economics-focused.

I rlly want to try again for the next intake by retaking my maths & get it to an A*, in hopes to get into at least UCL. But I can’t!! cause I cashed-in everything b4 my final exam since my school’s admin said lse wanted “everyone to cash in b4 applying” haih

I know this will sound stupid but has anyone tried “uncashing” it b4 or just retook their exam again even when they cashed it & got the new improved grade on their final cert? Pls do help it’s urgent!! Tq x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by battie
Hi guys! I just received my final A lvl grades ystday. I took a 1.5 yr IAL course & unexpectedly scored higher than my predicted grades. Got A*A*A for Economics, Accounts & Mathematics.

So basically, I’m safe and have met all of my conditional offers. HOWEVER none of them were the ‘uni of my choice’. I applied for Economics & got offers from Warwick, Bristol, Bath & King’s. But since I didn’t get A* in Maths - I couldn’t apply to LSE a& UCL for pure econs. Instead, LSE i applied for Maths, Stats & Business but got rejected cause my personal statement was mainly economics-focused.

I rlly want to try again for the next intake by retaking my maths & get it to an A*, in hopes to get into at least UCL. But I can’t!! cause I cashed-in everything b4 my final exam since my school’s admin said lse wanted “everyone to cash in b4 applying” haih

I know this will sound stupid but has anyone tried “uncashing” it b4 or just retook their exam again even when they cashed it & got the new improved grade on their final cert? Pls do help it’s urgent!! Tq x

If this is Edexcel IAL you can still resit unit exams and cash in again to be awarded a new grade. However, you will get a certificate for the 3 subjects just completed and another separate one for maths the second time around. Check with your target universities whether they would consider your application favourably if you retake maths.

Quick Reply

Latest