battie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys! I just received my final A lvl grades ystday. I took a 1.5 yr IAL course & unexpectedly scored higher than my predicted grades. Got A*A*A for Economics, Accounts & Mathematics.

So basically, I’m safe and have met all of my conditional offers. HOWEVER none of them were the ‘uni of my choice’. I applied for Economics & got offers from Warwick, Bristol, Bath & King’s. But since I didn’t get A* in Maths - I couldn’t apply to LSE a& UCL for pure econs. Instead, LSE i applied for Maths, Stats & Business but got rejected cause my personal statement was mainly economics-focused.

I rlly want to try again for the next intake by retaking my maths & get it to an A*, in hopes to get into at least UCL. But I can’t!! cause I cashed-in everything b4 my final exam since my school’s admin said lse wanted “everyone to cash in b4 applying” haih

I know this will sound stupid but has anyone tried “uncashing” it b4 or just retook their exam again even when they cashed it & got the new improved grade on their final cert? Pls do help it’s urgent!! Tq x
Last edited by battie; 2 years ago
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by battie)
Hi guys! I just received my final A lvl grades ystday. I took a 1.5 yr IAL course & unexpectedly scored higher than my predicted grades. Got A*A*A for Economics, Accounts & Mathematics.

So basically, I’m safe and have met all of my conditional offers. HOWEVER none of them were the ‘uni of my choice’. I applied for Economics & got offers from Warwick, Bristol, Bath & King’s. But since I didn’t get A* in Maths - I couldn’t apply to LSE a& UCL for pure econs. Instead, LSE i applied for Maths, Stats & Business but got rejected cause my personal statement was mainly economics-focused.

I rlly want to try again for the next intake by retaking my maths & get it to an A*, in hopes to get into at least UCL. But I can’t!! cause I cashed-in everything b4 my final exam since my school’s admin said lse wanted “everyone to cash in b4 applying” haih

I know this will sound stupid but has anyone tried “uncashing” it b4 or just retook their exam again even when they cashed it & got the new improved grade on their final cert? Pls do help it’s urgent!! Tq x
If this is Edexcel IAL you can still resit unit exams and cash in again to be awarded a new grade. However, you will get a certificate for the 3 subjects just completed and another separate one for maths the second time around. Check with your target universities whether they would consider your application favourably if you retake maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads