The Student Room Group

Year one advice

hiya, So was not entirely sure where to put this problem so i just started a new discussion.
Anyways, basically my year 1 has been pretty awful. It has been filled with housing drama, friendship drama and generally trying to find my place. I do believe that I have found some great friends throughout this year and I have made some great memories but for some reason drama seems to follow our house wherever it goes. I am worried that this first year will ruin the rest of my time here at uni but i am trying to let it not. I mean the two friends which i am really close to in the house are now talking about transferring university or pulling out of this house we have bought for next year. When talking to my friends back at home, they always seem to have an amazing time and loving it all.
It leaves my wondering, does everyone have this issue with housing and being in first year or is it just me?
Please help, thank you
Hey harriet have moved this to University life for you :smile:
Unfortunately flatmates and housing is pretty much pot luck, my first year housemates were pretty crap - no-one cleaned anything and they were all ghosts
This year people are around more and do their chores however it brings with it the trouble of them being quite loud etc
Ive never rebooked with friends so am not sure how it would turn out, i imagine it would be better but it might strain friendships when you are living with each other every day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending