The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Biomedical Science (freshman soon)

Hi guys! am an international student here!
Need some help here as I'll be entering Biomedical science for my undergraduate in Uni of Plymouth!

1.How does the weather like in Plymouth, Uk?
2. Where can I buy new duvet and bedsheets which are affordable?
3. Any slides and lecturer notes for sharing?
4. Any recommended Biomedical Science books for first year or which can last for 3 years?

Thank you!
Original post by carmel!
Need some help here as I'll be entering Biomedical science for my undergraduate in Uni of Plymouth!

1.How does the weather like in Plymouth, Uk?
2. Where can I buy new duvet and bedsheets which are affordable?
3. Any slides and lecturer notes for sharing?
4. Any recommended Biomedical Science books for first year or which can last for 3 years?

Thank you!

Hi @carmel! ,

Our website offers lots and lots of information about applying and studying in Plymouth. Have you visited www.plymouth.ac.uk? :smile: I would also really recommend attending an Open Day if you can, as this is a great opportunity to meets lots of people and ask questions.

1. The weather varies from season to season - as it's the UK, you can expect a fair bit of rain, however, we have been experiencing lovely long hot summers!
2. We are right in the middle of town, so there are loads of shops to buy necessities. Lots of students go to Wilko to buy their duvets, bedsheets, kitchenware, etc :smile:
3. This depends subject to subject, however, lecturers are known to upload powerpoint slides to the shared digital learning environment. You can also record lectures :smile:
4. More information on this will be shared when you start. First-year students have access to free e-textbooks! :smile:

I really hope this helps!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by carmel!

Thank you!

We call first years 'freshers' - Plymouth can be wet but tends to be warmer than further north. Get an umbrella or a showerproof jacket :smile:
Reply 3
Hi! Opss...*freshers* sorry!! got used to freshman:colondollar:!
Does Plymouth snow? or the weather is quite windy or cooling all year long?

Original post by Muttley79
We call first years 'freshers' - Plymouth can be wet but tends to be warmer than further north. Get an umbrella or a showerproof jacket :smile:
Original post by carmel!
Hi! Opss...*freshers* sorry!! got used to freshman:colondollar:!
Does Plymouth snow? or the weather is quite windy or cooling all year long?

Plymouth is in the south-west so is less likely to get snow and, being near the coast, frosty mornings will be fewer. Devon is a popular holiday location so will get some warm weather - winters could have windy days.

https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending