The Student Room Group

i hate nursing, first year, want to switch

now, i hate this course and i came here to ask a question. i really want to switch to biomedicine, i wouldnt even mind doing an extra year. now the thing is, i did BTEC health sciences but they ask for applied sciences, would a foundation year help me to get in? thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hiraaad
now, i hate this course and i came here to ask a question. i really want to switch to biomedicine, i wouldnt even mind doing an extra year. now the thing is, i did BTEC health sciences but they ask for applied sciences, would a foundation year help me to get in? thanks

Hi, Yes doing a foundation year in biomedical science will help you get into the course and is probably the fastest route for you to get into biomedical science. However I would recommend researching into biomedical science and the modules your chosen universities have for them. Can I ask why you have decided that you hate nursing? I suggest also to contact universities to see if they will allow you to directly transfer to biomedical science foundation year with just your transcripts from your previous university or if you would have to apply directly via UCAS. Best of Luck 🤞
Reply 2
Original post by katnix
Hi, Yes doing a foundation year in biomedical science will help you get into the course and is probably the fastest route for you to get into biomedical science. However I would recommend researching into biomedical science and the modules your chosen universities have for them. Can I ask why you have decided that you hate nursing? I suggest also to contact universities to see if they will allow you to directly transfer to biomedical science foundation year with just your transcripts from your previous university or if you would have to apply directly via UCAS. Best of Luck 🤞

hi, thank you so much for your response! i did do quiet a bit of research and somewhat understand what universities want from students. to answer your question, the way you get treated as a student nurse is one, the way some nurses speak to a patient is another and its quiet literally disgusting, its not for me i cant see myself being a nurse in the future, my uni lacks help too so its kinda trash. as for contacting universities, i am planning to do so, i just dont kmow what to say. also, what do you mean by transcripts? thanks! x
Original post by hiraaad

Hello @hiraaad

I hope you’re well. My advice would be to contact the admissions team of the university you want to study at and ask if you’d have to complete a foundation year or be able to use your qualification in BTEC health sciences. That way you can make a plan of what you need to do. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Best of luck :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
hi jess,

thanks for getting in touch! i sure will do that soon.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending