The Student Room Group

Getting over it

Ready for the most cliched story ever? Girl likes guy, guy messes with girl, she can’t get over it. I like this guy, genuinely he’s a good guy but a bit of a lad. I’ve been with him and he’s the kindest person but we’re not exclusive and that’s always been clear: but he gets with my friends recently and that really hurts and hurts bad and I don’t want to care but I do. I need to get over him for my own sanity but I’ve tried everything - Help?
Original post by Anonymous
Ready for the most cliched story ever? Girl likes guy, guy messes with girl, she can’t get over it. I like this guy, genuinely he’s a good guy but a bit of a lad. I’ve been with him and he’s the kindest person but we’re not exclusive and that’s always been clear: but he gets with my friends recently and that really hurts and hurts bad and I don’t want to care but I do. I need to get over him for my own sanity but I’ve tried everything - Help?

Block him on all social media and delete his number. Take up more hobbies or extra curricular activities to help occupy your time. You will get over him eventually. It'll just take time and you have to force yourself not to think about him.
How come you're not exclusive? Is it something you both agreed?
Join a rowing society.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Block him on all social media and delete his number. Take up more hobbies or extra curricular activities to help occupy your time. You will get over him eventually. It'll just take time and you have to force yourself not to think about him.

We have so many mutual friends, we’re all like v close so getting away from him is hard to do - i know it’s a bite the bullet kinda thing but I just don’t know how to do it
Reply 5
Original post by Mruczega
How come you're not exclusive? Is it something you both agreed?

It’s not that we agreed not to be exclusive, we just never agree to be? If that makes sense? We’re both young and a relationship was never discussed. I reckon he’s kind of a commitmentphobe anyway and if I was to be with someone else he wouldn’t care, it’s only on my end it’s a problem for me
Reply 6
Original post by Notoriety
Join a rowing society.

Sounds good
Original post by Anonymous
It’s not that we agreed not to be exclusive, we just never agree to be? If that makes sense? We’re both young and a relationship was never discussed. I reckon he’s kind of a commitmentphobe anyway and if I was to be with someone else he wouldn’t care, it’s only on my end it’s a problem for me

So you guys messed around but you're into the guy? Did you ever tell him or talk to him about it? I think it's better if you get a clear rejection before you try to get over it or maybe it will not be a rejection. If he doesn't reject you be wary of the guy just in case he only accepted for no reason.

If you're rejected then I recommend getting some new hobbies, keeping busy and trying to give it up gradually.
Reply 8
Original post by Mruczega
So you guys messed around but you're into the guy? Did you ever tell him or talk to him about it? I think it's better if you get a clear rejection before you try to get over it or maybe it will not be a rejection. If he doesn't reject you be wary of the guy just in case he only accepted for no reason.

If you're rejected then I recommend getting some new hobbies, keeping busy and trying to give it up gradually.

Yeah pretty much, we’re friends like they’re just this added stuff and I have feelings I know he doesn’t return. He’s got a bit of a reputation so like I knew from the start it was stupid to get involved buuut here we are 😂 I wouldn’t even know how to talk to him about it I don’t want to be left seeing him everyday after being awkwardly rejected yknow?
Or you could take the unhealthy way out and completely immerse yourself in your celebrity crush, thus raising your standards and never finding anyone in real life good enough. :cool: :cry::cry:

Not saying that's what I do but that's exactly what I do.
Original post by batter mix
Or you could take the unhealthy way out and completely immerse yourself in your celebrity crush, thus raising your standards and never finding anyone in real life good enough. :cool: :cry::cry:

Not saying that's what I do but that's exactly what I do.

Looks like the better option at the minute tbh 😂😭
If you aren't exclusive to each other I honestly don't know what you expected lmao. Just block him, he ain't worth your time
Original post by tiredjpeg
If you aren't exclusive to each other I honestly don't know what you expected lmao. Just block him, he ain't worth your time

That's what I was thinking.
Damn if a load of strangers on the internet are telling me to get a grip I really need to get a grip 😂 consider him blocked guys thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending