The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough acceptance

I recently got a conditional for Loughborough computer science with artificial intelligence
My conditional is an ABB , do you guys think if I send them an email saying I would like to firm Loughborough would they reduce the conditional?
Original post by cash_buster
I recently got a conditional for Loughborough computer science with artificial intelligence
My conditional is an ABB , do you guys think if I send them an email saying I would like to firm Loughborough would they reduce the conditional?

Hi cash_buster

Congrats on your offer and great to hear that you are thinking of firming Loughborough.
If you e-mail it really won't make a difference - they won't reduce your offer.

If on results day you end up getting BBB, it's possible that you will still get your place (no guarantees though - the only definite way in is to meet or exceed the conditions of your offer).

If you do firm Loughborough, my only suggestion would be to work as hard as you can between now and exams and then see what happens on results day.

Good luck with your decision and if you need any more info, just ask.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
So once they've made an offer, it is very unlikely that the terms of that offer will change. All I would say now is work really hard and put your all into it. Make sure you have an insurance option that you like and also would enjoy university life at just in case Loughborough doesn't work out.

On results day, if you have missed your grades, do not panic. First, check on UCAS if you have been accepted anyway. I missed my grades by 1 but still got accepted and I had no calling up or emailing or anything to do. If your UCAS indicates that you did not get the offer, and you don't want to go to your insurance (or you want to try Loughborough again) get your UCAS ID, grades, and desired course ready and call up the different unis. I would say, start with Loughborough and ask if they can offer you a place even though you missed your grades. They may offer you a different course (so not the one you applied for initially). If that doesn't suit you, decide if you want to go to your insurance or if you want to try your luck at other unis through clearing.

Good luck.
Original post by cash_buster

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending