The Student Room Group

Doing a Masters on a Joint Honours degree

Hi there

I am currently doing an Undergraduate degree in English and Sports science at Loughborough University and I am looking to do my masters in sport. However I am worried at the fact that the English side may diminish my chances of getting accepted compared to those who have done full Sport degrees. As of right now, I have more credits in Sport modules than English ones but I am worried that this would not be enough

Would anyone be able to provide any advice on what to do?

Thanks
Original post by Aiden Smith
Hi there

I am currently doing an Undergraduate degree in English and Sports science at Loughborough University and I am looking to do my masters in sport. However I am worried at the fact that the English side may diminish my chances of getting accepted compared to those who have done full Sport degrees. As of right now, I have more credits in Sport modules than English ones but I am worried that this would not be enough

Thanks

It’d usually be a case of emailing your undergrad transcript to the Masters admissions teams and seeing whether you’d be at any disadvantage.

In my experience, so long as you have sufficient relevant modules then you would be at no disadvantage but it’s up to each academic department.
Original post by Aiden Smith
Hi there

Thanks

Hi @Aiden Smith,

Great to hear you're thinking of doing your master's at Loughborough 🙂 I would visit Loughborough's master's course pages, find the course you're interested in and then use the email at the bottom of the page to to ask your question. The team will be able to give you the best advice 🙂

Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending