The Student Room Group

Need help with A level Physics

So I picked Physics because I 'liked' it and I was good at it at GCSE. However, I'm doing REALLY badly in it now and have failed most tests I have taken. I'm in year 12 and I think I can turn things around but I don't know where to start. If anyone wants a study buddy then I would be down for that. Please help me!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
That was totally me last year.

As I kept getting E's in tests and mocks, I lost interest and then gave up. This is not the way to go.

I would just suggest you keep doing past papers, then if you are stuck on a question check the exam board revision guide. Then check the mark scheme to know how the exam board wants you to answer so you won't lose silly marks. You might already be doing this but you need to understand how you get the correct answer.

But if you chose 4 subjects at AS then you should be fine with not getting a high grade in AS, then you can drop that subject as universities only need 3 no advantage in having 4. Unless you have 3 right now, then you just have to keep practicing.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you for replying. I am currently studying 4 subjects so I guess dropping is a viable option but I genuinely want to do so well in Physics. I'll try doing the mark scheme thing as that sounds really useful but I just feel so behind that I just can't catch up anymore.
Original post by kurro
That was totally me last year.

As I kept getting E's in tests and mocks, I lost interest and then gave up. This is not the way to go.

I would just suggest you keep doing past papers, then if you are stuck on a question check the exam board revision guide. Then check the mark scheme to know how the exam board wants you to answer so you won't lose silly marks. You might already be doing this but you need to understand how you get the correct answer.

But if you chose 4 subjects at AS then you should be fine with not getting a high grade in AS, then you can drop that subject as universities only need 3 no advantage in having 4. Unless you have 3 right now, then you just have to keep practicing.

Good Luck :smile:
I'm down to be study buddies- I do 4 subjects too and I feel so behind in physics

Quick Reply

Latest