The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chez231
Did they tell you what the cut off will be ?

There is no cut off it's ranked
Original post by Chez231

As it’s their first year they won’t know the cut off, as they have no prior information to go off of. Hence they can’t even give a good guess of what it might be.
Original post by Chez231

They said they won’t know until after everyone has applied and as they have no previous data to go off so they couldn’t give an exact or even estimate score.
Original post by Potat0lover
Ooh I didn’t consider ARU. I’m a graduate applicant do you know if they and rank separately from school leavers?

ARU have 15 graduate places out of 100 total.
Original post by hotchoco1293
I believe so too. Thanks!

I am going to attempt with 2420!
I am going to try
(edited 4 years ago)
That's all so much relief that there are people applying with scores similar to mine! Hope we all get in guysss!! :colondollar:

Original post by RyanS101
I am with 2460!

Original post by medhopeeful
I am going to attempt with 2420!
Would 2710 Band 2 suffice? I also have achieved AAB at A levels in bio,chem,maths respectively and 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE
Original post by SashaSummer
Would 2710 Band 2 suffice? I also have achieved AAB at A levels in bio,chem,maths respectively and 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE

you are in a very strong position for an intervew
Original post by hotchoco1293
That's all so much relief that there are people applying with scores similar to mine! Hope we all get in guysss!! :colondollar:

aww, we can only try, at least for an interview would be great!
Original post by RyanS101
you are in a very strong position for an intervew

thank you!
Hiya!
I’ve applied to the Kent and Medway medical school through UCAS a few weeks ago. I just want to know if there’s a chance I can get in because I’m really anticipating my results:
I got 2300 in the UKCAT (which I’m not happy with) with a band 2 in SJAT
I’m predicted A*AB
For my GCSE’s I got:
-English language: 9
-English literature: 9
-Geography: 8
-Business studies: A*
-Biology: 7
-Chemistry: 7
-Drama: 7
-Maths: 6
-Physics: 6
-English speaking: Distinction
•Moreover, I’ve had work experience at the following places:
- An NHS local clinic
- An old people’s day centre where I volunteer weekly
- A nursery
- I am part of the St.John’s ambulance cadets
I have also applied to, along with Kent and Medway:
-Aston
-Birmingham
-Cardiff
I’d also love to see other people’s profiles etc, feel free to chat!
Ahh I might end up taking a gap year, Birmingham I’ve heard is really tough to get into anyway. Cardiff and Aston may be my only chances now.. Thank you for your time though xxx
I’d say gap year , and look into the bmat . Because ucat is half a luck game . Fingers crossed for 2020 tho ! X
Cardif only look at ucat in a tie break situation
Original post by storm.trooper
Ahh I might end up taking a gap year, Birmingham I’ve heard is really tough to get into anyway. Cardiff and Aston may be my only chances now.. Thank you for your time though xxx

I thought Cardiff require 8 A*
Original post by 5thchild
I thought Cardiff require 8 A*

The Cardiff cutoff has historically been between above 7/8A* to my knowledge! I expect it will be 8 or 9 A* this year because more people are getting too grades and more people are applying overall so it’s going to be way more competitive. I also applied to Cardiff - does anyone know when they hand out rejections/interviews?
Original post by citrusltm
The Cardiff cutoff has historically been between above 7/8A* to my knowledge! I expect it will be 8 or 9 A* this year because more people are getting too grades and more people are applying overall so it’s going to be way more competitive. I also applied to Cardiff - does anyone know when they hand out rejections/interviews?

Maybe a question for the Cardiff thread?
Original post by storm.trooper

It's a brand new medical school, i think its worth applying and trying your shot! last year i did less than average and heard people got into places with a lower or similar score to me and i regret not applying! my score isnt great either but im just going to try because why not!
Original post by medhopeeful
It's a brand new medical school, i think its worth applying and trying your shot! last year i did less than average and heard people got into places with a lower or similar score to me and i regret not applying! my score isnt great either but im just going to try because why not!

I agree . Defo or an application in !

Latest

Trending

Trending