The Student Room Group

University of Kent or Nottingham trent

Hey everyone. I recently got an offer from both University of Kent and Nottingham Trent and I'm having a hard time choosing my firm choice. The way I see it Kent is ranked higher and overall has a better reputation but I'm not sure I would like the city much. I'm going to be studying Biology in both uni's and choosing is just insanely difficult right now so I thought I would hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. Other uni's I've received offers from- Northumbria, Liverpool and UWE Bristol
Hi there!
Congratulations on your offer to study at Kent. I'm in my third year at Kent so any questions about uni life here, please feel free to ask :smile:
If you haven't already, I'd really recommend visiting both the University of Kent and Nottingham Trent University so you can get a real sense of what uni life would be like at each. This is definitely the best way to help you make a decision. Here's the link to the open day and applicant day pages, in case you'd like to visit. https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/

In terms of Canterbury as a town, although it's smaller than Nottingham, there is still a lot going on and it's really pretty. There's loads of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes, as well as really cute cobbled streets, gardens and the Cathedral. Personally, I think Canterbury has a really homely vibe to it, but still with lots to do as a student. But I wouldn't fixate on the town too much, if you're really struggling to decide then take a close look at the modules offered by the courses at each university, because the structure of the course will have a much bigger impact on your university life than the town. Kent has a Unibuddy system where prospective students can talk to current students about their experience and course. Here's the link, hopefully talking to another Biology student might help! https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

I hope that this helps!

Original post by MetalFallout
Hey everyone. I recently got an offer from both University of Kent and Nottingham Trent and I'm having a hard time choosing my firm choice. The way I see it Kent is ranked higher and overall has a better reputation but I'm not sure I would like the city much. I'm going to be studying Biology in both uni's and choosing is just insanely difficult right now so I thought I would hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. Other uni's I've received offers from- Northumbria, Liverpool and UWE Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending