The Student Room Group

University medicine manchester

I have my sight set on studying medicine in Manchester university but haven't achieved the GCSE entry requirements. Not that i'm not considering any other uni but has anyone gotten in Manchester despite not achieving GCSE entry requirements. Just to reiterate i'm not trying to discredit any other uni just curious about Manchester.
You might be able to apply if you come under WP+ but I would email them just to confirm before applying?
If you don't meet the minimum entrance requirement, then unfortunately it would be a waste of an application to apply there. The first thing universities look at when assessing applications, is whether the minimum requirements have been met. Only if they have, do they then look at the rest of your application, so you cannot compensate elsewhere and have then overlook minimum requirements if you have eg a fantastic PS or UKCAT.

As the person above says, sometimes contextual offers are given and minimum requirements are reduced if you meet certain widening participation criteria, so it's worth looking into that if you think that's something that might be applicable for you. If it's not, it might also be worth looking at Manchester's resit policy (I don't know the answer to that) as if you're dead set on applying there and they accept resits, then that's a possibility.

Remember though that many many applicants don't even get one offer (when they apply to 4 universities) so it's dangerous ground to be completely set on one place - of course someone has to get a place, but overall the odds are stacked against it, so you need to have options and consider other places too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending