The Student Room Group

Introducing boyfriend to family

So I’m 16 years old and I have a boyfriend of 2 months. I’m extremely nervous to introduce him especially to my dad and my older brother because they’re extremely strict about boys with me. My older sisters know he’s my boyfriend but that’s it. I’m terrified but the other problem is just that my dad has this rule that I can’t date till I’m 18 but both of my sisters started dating before then. I’m just scared of how he’s gonna react and how I should even attempt to introduce him.

He says he doesn’t like being “kept a secret” especially since I’ve met his parents. He says he doesn’t know how long he can go on for.
Can someone please help me!
Tell your parents you've a date and you want them to meet him. Get him to come and knock on your door so they've the opportunity to meet.

Don't overthink *how* to do it. Just do it. Whatever the outcome will be is unlikely to change regardless of how you go about it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice, just still a bit terrified. My dad’s extremely strict.
Original post by sinfonietta
Tell your parents you've a date and you want them to meet him. Get him to come and knock on your door so they've the opportunity to meet.

Don't overthink *how* to do it. Just do it. Whatever the outcome will be is unlikely to change regardless of how you go about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending