The Student Room Group

My boyfriend's parents told me i should never vent to him because it ruins his focus

Me and my boyfriend have been dating since the beginning of the year and things become very serious because we plan on getting married next year (We've known each other for years). The problem is his parents are very protective of him. He's an athlete and they make sure nothing would ever get in the way of his career.

Recently, his aunt had a problem and needed my help. I told my boyfriend after the problem got resolved but his parents never wanted him to know any family problem so they got mad at me and said I ruined his focus and contaminated his thoughts. They said, I should keep him off those things and just tell him positive and sweet things. My boyfriend was mad of how his parents treated me but I feel like I can't communicate freely with someone I consider as a partner anymore. What should I do?
Reply 1
And how did the parents find out you'd told your boyfriend? 🤔

Talk to him as and when you want to; he's the kne you're going to marry, but he needs to be stronger in dealing with how his family behave.
Reply 2
They sound delightful.

Pay no heed, it's not about them and it's not up to them. End of the day you need to communicate with your partner and that includes bad stuff as well as good.

The mark of an elite athlete is keeping focus despite distractions. He can't be coddled forever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending