The Student Room Group

I don’t like my moms boyfriend

I don’t know if im the only one who sees this, but my moms boyfriend actually sucks. He treats me and my sister like garbage and goes on power trips and my mom lets it slide because she always will choose him and believe him over us. He (39) practically bullies me (16) and my sister(12) by mimicking us and making us feel worthless. He would stand there and watch and do nothing as my mom has one of her episodes and beats me or my sister till were purple. He talks **** about my boyfriend, who, keep in mind, has met my family and everyone adores my boyfriend. He’s the only one that sees a problem with that. What annoys me the most is when my mom goes to make a decision for HER kids, she always asks him first, which makes no sence bc she is the mother, she should be making the decision. Not to mention the times he’s gaslighted my family making them seem like bad people for no reason. Idk if its just me but i really see a problem with this.
Reply 1
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. You need to speak with a trusted adult about this, as physical and mental abuse is always wrong. Can you discuss it with another relative, a teacher, your boyfriend's parents?

You could also contact Childline:

https://www.childline.org.uk/
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending