The Student Room Group

Who is the first ever user here?

Just curious and are they still active?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Other_Owl

I imagine it would be the founder of this website
Probably Charles Delingpole (the founder).

There might be more info here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/news/history-of-tsr
michael scofield
the first ever post was

"i have six distinctions in the School Certificate; my rhetoric teacher is especially pleased with me. is this good enough for Oxenforde ?"
Reply 5
The default vBulletin Administrator account :yes:
Me, been around since the first world war.
Reply 7

@matthew. Registered 20 June 2001, last active two weeks ago.

/thread
Original post by Tootles
@matthew. Registered 20 June 2001, last active two weeks ago.

/thread

Who is this mysterious matthew? I'm intrigued... :iiam:
Original post by the bear
the first ever post was

"i have six distinctions in the School Certificate; my rhetoric teacher is especially pleased with me. is this good enough for Oxenforde ?"

:lol:

I always assumed the first post was "Am I good looking? Pic. (no pic attached)".
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Probably Charles Delingpole (the founder).

There might be more info here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/news/history-of-tsr

Any relation to the ghastly James Delingpole?
Good question
Original post by Fullofsurprises
:lol:

I always assumed the first post was "Am I good looking? Pic. (no pic attached)".

"Rate my photogravure"
"My carriage is making sundry squeaking noises; should i replace the felloes ?"
(edited 5 years ago)
"Dr Berners-Lee tells me this interwebular taggled thing is going to be really something - anyone wanna join in??"
Original post by the bear
"My carriage is making sundry squeaking noises; should i replace the spokeshaves ?"

If there's a spokeshave still in your wheel, that's probably the source of the squeakles.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
"Dr Berners-Lee tells me this interwebular taggled thing is going to be really something - anyone wanna join in??"

:rofl:

"My suitor has been corresponding with another young lady. Should I sue him for breach of promise ?"
"How much easier it is to pass the Quadrivium these days. I recall that in my youth the top accolade was only accorded to scarcely two or three scholars.eheu eheu etc"
"I am affianced to a gentleman planter in the East Indies. He is due on leave this autumn. How may I broach the subject of marriage ? It is twelve years since we last met"
"As I entered the haberdashery this forenoon a young lady brushed me with her glove as she exited. What does this signify ?"

:holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest