The Student Room Group

CyberStart Assessment

Scroll to see replies

yes
Original post by Cyb3rMan
Have you finished 14?
Could you help me out with it? I have a good start on challenge 15 and I can give you what I have so far. PM me if you want to colaborate
Original post by Mairim20
yes
Whats the name your umber 14
Original post by Cyb3rMan
Could you help me out with it? I have a good start on challenge 15 and I can give you what I have so far. PM me if you want to colaborate
secret lottery.
Original post by Mairim20
Whats the name your umber 14
I dont have a challenge with that name...
secret lottery.
Reply 25
Original post by k13h
I am participating in the CyberStart Assess, and I have completed every problem, including the bonus problem (#15). I can give guidance/tips /answers for all of them if you need it.

Could I ask for 9,12,14and 15? Thanks a lot!
I need help with 9, 12, and 14 for this years set of challenges.
I alos need help finding and then maybe completing 15.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
What are the names of those challenges? To be sure that we're talking about the same ones.
Reply 28
9 is Hextroadinary, 12 is the final cutdown and 14 is lottery. I am struggling with these three.
Need help with 14 and 15 if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction!
Original post by k13h
I am participating in the CyberStart Assess, and I have completed every problem, including the bonus problem (#15). I can give guidance/tips /answers for all of them if you need it.

Hi, Could you help with the challenge 9 and 14 please
hi can you give hint for the challenge 9 please
Original post by cyb3rmanz
Need help with 14 and 15 if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction!
Original post by SSS74
9 is Hextroadinary, 12 is the final cutdown and 14 is lottery. I am struggling with these three.

For Challenge 9 - Hextroadinary:
Notice the name of the coder, ROXy. There is a clue hidden in this name for what should be done with the two hexadecimal numbers given to you.

For Challenge 12 - The Final Countdown:
You could write a Python program to collect each of the five three-character codes in the pages corresponding to the listed URLs. Once you have concatenated those codes into a single string, look closely at the URL of the final validation link. What can be done with it, do you think?

For Challenge 14 - Secret Lottery:
I'd recommend installing the NSA's reverse-engineering software called Ghidra. I found it to be very useful for analyzing the 32-bit loop file. Also worth investigating is the basics of assembly.

I wish you luck.
I was looking on the Ghidra and converted in the C. Code ... how to I execute the code ? Saw is accepting the java and python scripts inside ...
Original post by Chancelosaurus
For Challenge 9 - Hextroadinary:
Notice the name of the coder, ROXy. There is a clue hidden in this name for what should be done with the two hexadecimal numbers given to you.

For Challenge 12 - The Final Countdown:
You could write a Python program to collect each of the five three-character codes in the pages corresponding to the listed URLs. Once you have concatenated those codes into a single string, look closely at the URL of the final validation link. What can be done with it, do you think?

For Challenge 14 - Secret Lottery:
I'd recommend installing the NSA's reverse-engineering software called Ghidra. I found it to be very useful for analyzing the 32-bit loop file. Also worth investigating is the basics of assembly.

I wish you luck.
Original post by n1tk0709
I was looking on the Ghidra and converted in the C. Code ... how to I execute the code ? Saw is accepting the java and python scripts inside ...

Ghidra decompiles the loop file and produces that C code. What you want to do, however, is make a change to the assembly. I would recommend brushing up on the very basics of assembly commands as you read through the Ghidra-produced assembly code. There is a single change you need to make before you can export and run the file to get the flag.
Reply 35
Could I get help on 9, 12, 14 and 15 please?
Original post by natew21
Could I get help on 9, 12, 14 and 15 please?

For information regarding Challenges 9, 12, and 14, look three or four posts up on this thread. I can't help you with Challenge 15, though. All I know is that it is likely we will need to use the Golang debugger Delve to some effect.
(edited 5 years ago)
HI, I am working on cyber start assess to and need help with challenge 12 and 14 can you help?
I have finished 14. I need help with 15.
Original post by k13h

I have finished all other challenges. I need help with the bonus problem #15 (have tried gdb, objdump, ghidra, etc.). I am currently using gdb, but I am stuck on what else to try or how to use gdb to find the password/workaround.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending