The Student Room Group

Credit Transfer

Has anyone successfully transferred credit from a previous degree to an OU degree? If so how many credits were you awarded?
Original post by GaryS123
Has anyone successfully transferred credit from a previous degree to an OU degree? If so how many credits were you awarded?

i didnt end up doing a degree with them but they let me transfer a full 240 credits to do an open degree.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
i didnt end up doing a degree with them but they let me transfer a full 240 credits to do an open degree.

Oh really? So you would have only had 120 credits left to study? Does a degree gained in (potentially) a year carry much weight?
Oh really? So you would have only had 120 credits left to study? Does a degree gained in (potentially) a year carry much weight?

Yes i would have just had 120 left to do. It could carry weight yes.
Reply 4
Yes i would have just had 120 left to do. It could carry weight yes.

Thank you for answering!
Just one more question, were you given the option to transfer fewer credits, say if you wanted to study year two and three? Or was it an all or nothing deal?
Thank you for answering!
Just one more question, were you given the option to transfer fewer credits, say if you wanted to study year two and three? Or was it an all or nothing deal?

It just applied to do the open degree so they offered the maximum amount if wanted to i could have chosen to study a similar subject in which case i probably could have chosen to do year two, i think its down to each individual situation.
Reply 6
It just applied to do the open degree so they offered the maximum amount if wanted to i could have chosen to study a similar subject in which case i probably could have chosen to do year two, i think its down to each individual situation.

Okay, thanks for your help ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending