The Student Room Group

Oxford Parents Association

Scroll to see replies

Two weeks today and it will be decisions day! 😮
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kscgemini

We are excited for you!
So exciting, and nerve wracking! My son is so relaxed!
Original post by Xx2345

My son doesn’t seem as chilled as his normal self. He mentioned the fact he’d hear 2 weeks today. Thank goodness we have Christmas as a distraction. The first week back is going to be a bit tough. Good luck all.
Original post by PaulaFr
We are excited for you!

Thank you - don’t know how it’s going to feel on the day!

Trying to stay busy but it’s definitely a quieter week this week then before Christmas so definitely more time to think. My daughter is getting on with mocks revision. I’m going to start preparing some food for a picky /buffet dinner for this evening as it’s so rainy and miserable outside to cheer us all up!
Original post by Xx2345

My daughter isn’t saying a huge amount about it but she’s definitely aware the date is creeping closer. Each day I wake up and think one day closer! 😬
Original post by Fritillary
My son doesn’t seem as chilled as his normal self. He mentioned the fact he’d hear 2 weeks today. Thank goodness we have Christmas as a distraction. The first week back is going to be a bit tough. Good luck all.

Sending good luck your way too. Will your son go into school on the 10th?

Thank you. I don’t think so, I don’t think he or I could cope with the waiting! Hopefully the email will come through fairly early so we can then get our heads around what lies ahead.
Original post by Fritillary
Thank you. I don’t think so, I don’t think he or I could cope with the waiting! Hopefully the email will come through fairly early so we can then get our heads around what lies ahead.

My daughter’s not decided yet but I’m sure she’d not want to find out results like that at a random point during a school day and she wouldn’t have the discipline to wait to open UCAS or email until after school. If I was in her shoes I wouldn’t either!

Why would they miss a day of lessons?!
Original post by Muttley79
Why would they miss a day of lessons?!

My daughter has a big chunk of private study that morning so it’s not a huge deal. She can sign into school after lunch so fingers crossed we hear earlier than later.
My daughter has a big chunk of private study that morning so it’s not a huge deal. She can sign into school after lunch so fingers crossed we hear earlier than later.

Don't they have to go in for private study? Most schools don't allow a whole morning at home; we don't.
Don't they have to go in for private study? Most schools don't allow a whole morning at home; we don't.

It’s a good job it doesn’t concern you as it’s not your daughter then! 😜
(edited 1 year ago)
My son will be in school as normal, he will find out at some point and I'll have to wait until I see him around 630pm as busy day with a sibling and he hates to text!
It’s a good job it doesn’t concern you as it’s not your daughter then! 😜

No but school won;t be happy - it all counts as absent which affects their data ... or does the school who is teaching and helping her not have a say :eek:

My son heard by email at 9.30am. He was in history and the teacher knew he was waiting so as soon as it came through, everyone cheered and she told him to go into the supply closet to call home. Good job it was a "yes"
Original post by PaulaFr
My son heard by email at 9.30am. He was in history and the teacher knew he was waiting so as soon as it came through, everyone cheered and she told him to go into the supply closet to call home. Good job it was a "yes"

This is lovely to hear and it was very kind of the teacher to say to call home ☺️
Hi, although I am not a parent, from my experience the best place to hear the results is school as long as a person hearing the results has an ok relationship with his classmates. I had a friend who found out about rejection and he said that his class did a better job in supporting him mentally than anyone else who could have done it. Hearing about an offer is easy but hearing about rejection is whole lot harder and unfortunately more will get rejected than the ones who will get an offer.
(edited 1 year ago)
No but school won;t be happy - it all counts as absent which affects their data ... or does the school who is teaching and helping her not have a say :eek:

Some good points there. Also, from personal experience, it is better to keep the normal routine and not make it appear it as some do or die kind of situation. Keeping the usual routine, normal life cycle helps with that. Majority of children in the UK and similar timezone hear about their results in the school as the results start trickling through.

My daughter's 6th form college lets them stay home unless they have a lesson. I used to tutor some kids from her school and that was very useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending