The Student Room Group

Õpilane's Grow Your Grades!

Scroll to see replies

good luck :smile:
Original post by Õpilane
4th May 2019 - Update
May the fourth be with you! :cute: (Haha I'm not even a Star Wars fan, what am I doing?) Yesterday, I got my Computing, Spanish and Chemistry reviews done as well as finished my further maths homework, so now I just have these things left to do:
-French HW
-Computing HW
-English HW

Today I'm hoping to complete my French HW and hopefully my computing HW too, we'll see how it goes. Have a great day :biggrin:

@Themysticalegg
@blueberryjelly19
@Obolinda
@Study_Girl 7
@IsMo987
Original post by blueberryjelly19
good luck :smile:

Thank you! Just finished :biggrin:
What aqa french higher role play have people been asked for and what theme did they choose
Update - 7th May 2019
Hi everyone :smile: Lots of different stuff to report on today, so I thought that I may as well just call it an 'update'. In terms of the weekend tasks, I really got my head down on Saturday and managed to get it all done :rofl3:On Sunday and Monday I did some stuff with family and revised for my flute exam (there's a lot of theory to know too). Today I just have a few small reviews to get done (a rare feat of no homework!), and I'm pretty tired so I'm just going to get on with that after I've finished this post. There would have been a larger one for physics, but we are consolidating our knowledge on that next lesson, so I plan to do my review for the topic then as I will have a wider understanding and will be able to appreciate which topics I will need to revise (today was mainly a practical lesson) :smile:.

In other news, I got my French test results back and I got over 80% in listening and almost 90% in reading, well above the class average in both, and seeing as it was our first proper GCSE-style test I am very happy with that result :biggrin: If you've done your official oral exams, I hope they went well! I also was part of year 9's representation in student council today - it was great fun but I would say that some of the notes we'd been given from year 9 tutor groups were... Interesting (mainly great ideas though). We raised some important points and I feel like it will make a big difference, so definitely worth it!

I've recently become interested in the PBS (psychological and behavioural sciences) course at Cambridge, seeing as I am considering becoming a clinical psychologist at the moment. Does anyone study that / a similar course?

Have a great evening :smile:

@blueberryjelly19
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@IsMo987
Original post by Õpilane
Update - 7th May 2019
Hi everyone :smile: Lots of different stuff to report on today, so I thought that I may as well just call it an 'update'. In terms of the weekend tasks, I really got my head down on Saturday and managed to get it all done :rofl3:On Sunday and Monday I did some stuff with family and revised for my flute exam (there's a lot of theory to know too). Today I just have a few small reviews to get done (a rare feat of no homework!), and I'm pretty tired so I'm just going to get on with that after I've finished this post. There would have been a larger one for physics, but we are consolidating our knowledge on that next lesson, so I plan to do my review for the topic then as I will have a wider understanding and will be able to appreciate which topics I will need to revise (today was mainly a practical lesson) :smile:.

In other news, I got my French test results back and I got over 80% in listening and almost 90% in reading, well above the class average in both, and seeing as it was our first proper GCSE-style test I am very happy with that result :biggrin: If you've done your official oral exams, I hope they went well! I also was part of year 9's representation in student council today - it was great fun but I would say that some of the notes we'd been given from year 9 tutor groups were... Interesting (mainly great ideas though). We raised some important points and I feel like it will make a big difference, so definitely worth it!

I've recently become interested in the PBS (psychological and behavioural sciences) course at Cambridge, seeing as I am considering becoming a clinical psychologist at the moment. Does anyone study that / a similar course?

Have a great evening :smile:

@blueberryjelly19
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@IsMo987

Wait so you’ve done your french gcse
Original post by IsMo987
Wait so you’ve done your french gcse

No, I'm in year 9 :smile:
Original post by Õpilane
No, I'm in year 9 :smile:

Omg how do you revise for french
Original post by IsMo987
Omg how do you revise for french

I use practise questions, CGP books, notes, sometimes mindmaps and Quizlet (the spell feature is good for listening if you cover up the word), but I am sure there's a lot more methods out there! Hope this helps :biggrin:
Original post by Õpilane
I use practise questions, CGP books, notes, sometimes mindmaps and Quizlet (the spell feature is good for listening if you cover up the word), but I am sure there's a lot more methods out there! Hope this helps :biggrin:

How do you make mindmaps
Original post by IsMo987
How do you make mindmaps

I don't really use them very much, but I guess writing down key vocab and stuff - I've heard that it's a great idea to try and do this from memory and then check, there appears to be a lot of studies on active recall. I'd recommend checking out all of the French exam board threads (speaking / listening / reading / writing), they are great for practising and advice from students taking the exams now. Are you taking your exams this year? :smile:
Original post by Õpilane
I don't really use them very much, but I guess writing down key vocab and stuff - I've heard that it's a great idea to try and do this from memory and then check, there appears to be a lot of studies on active recall. I'd recommend checking out all of the French exam board threads (speaking / listening / reading / writing), they are great for practising and advice from students taking the exams now. Are you taking your exams this year? :smile:

Yep and I didn’t do well on my speaking
Original post by IsMo987
Yep and I didn’t do well on my speaking

Good luck with the rest of the exams! You clearly care about GCSEs, which is more that can be said for some people, I'm sure you did great - it almost always seems worse than it really was! :smile:
8th May 2019 - Work Planned and Work Completed
Hey everyone! I've already completed a few quick reviews today and I've been to band, but now I'm planning to do some science revision. I have my end-of-year test for chemistry, biology and physics in mid-June, and even though that's a while away it will decide whether we do triple science, so I'm planning to do a lot of revision. I have a revision plan and I used coloured pens, one of my favourite bits! I'll probably use this as a revision blog leading up to the test, as well as a general gyg Today I am starting my knowledge organisers for each subtopic - I basically do a poster-like page for each one at the moment, but my style is likely to change as I go on. Have a great day

@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987
@Study_Girl 7
10th May 2019 - Update
Hi again :biggrin: I was busy yesterday so didn't get around to updating - I completed my reviews as well as a quick bit of Spanish homework and my further maths homework. Today, I am planning to do / have done the following:
-Computing review
-Computing HW
-Biology review (completed)
-Update revision plan (completed)
I have just been told I have a Spanish test (hence the last task on the list!), so I will be starting revision for that this weekend. Happy Friday and good luck with whatever you're doing! :smile:

@blueberryjelly19
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@IsMo987
@Study_Girl 7
14th May 2019
Look out, a big update is coming...

Hi! A lot of school-related stuff is going on at the moment, I currently have the following tests coming up:
-Physics - Energy
-Maths - Two Papers
-Biology End Of Year
-Chemistry End Of Year
-Physics End Of Year
-Spanish Test

I have re-made my revision timetable for this and I am very happy with it :smile: I have also been really busy today, here's a list of all the work I have completed / am aiming to complete:
-French HW (completed)
-R.E. HW (completed)
-French review (super quick)
-R.E. review (super quick)
-Computing flipped learning HW (looooong)
-Two computing worksheets
-Computing catch-up work (due to absence)
-Computing catch-up work review
-Computing flipped learning review
-Practise flute (completed)

Yep, today is busy. Time to get going!

@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987
14th May 2019 - Work Completed
Hi everyone! Here's what I got done today:
-Practise flute
-French HW
-R.E. HW
-Computing catch-up
-Computing HW feedback
-Computing catch-up review
-R.E. review (super quick)
-French review (super quick)

I plan to try and complete (or at least start) the other computing tasks tomorrow morning :smile: goodnight everyone!

@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987
(edited 4 years ago)
15th May 2019 - Update
Just got home from band :smile: Here's what I'm aiming to get done today:
-Further maths HW (exam-style questions)
-Computing review
-Computing worksheets
-Spanish review
-English review

Have a great afternoon / evening :biggrin:
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987
Original post by Õpilane
15th May 2019 - Update
Just got home from band :smile: Here's what I'm aiming to get done today:
-Further maths HW (exam-style questions)
-Computing review
-Computing worksheets
-Spanish review
-English review

Have a great afternoon / evening :biggrin:
@Obolinda
@Themysticalegg
@Study_Girl 7
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987

Hey do you know any good resources to practise programming
Original post by IsMo987
Hey do you know any good resources to practise programming

Look on the Internet and ask your teacher; none come to mind but just programming on python whenever you can always helps :smile:
17th May 2019 - Update
Hi again! I've had a pretty busy week this week, and as I have lots of tests coming up and homework to do I have decided to do my homework and reviews tonight and revision on the weekend. Here's what I'm hoping to get done tonight:
-Further maths HW
-Chemistry review
-Computing review
-Chemistry HW (not online yet)
-Computing HW (not online yet)
-Maths HW
-French HW

80th post! :woo:

@Themysticalegg
@Obolinda
@blueberryjelly19
@IsMo987